We are aware of some drawing issues associated with Intel HD graphics due to a bug in their graphics drivers. Various users have indicated that updating their graphics drivers to the very latest release from Intel has corrected any issues they have had.
Another option is to turn OFF Hardware Acceleration (HWA) in the Settings tab in the Manage dialog.
To update your Intel drivers, do the following:
*Note: Intel recommends checking with your device manufacturer first before installing their drivers to make sure any features or customizations are not lost.
- Find the exact graphics driver installed on your system:
- Open the dialog (Windows key + R), type and press enter.
- Select the tab. You may have more than 1 so make sure you select the correct one.
- Take note of the and of your graphics driver.
- Next, search the intel.com download center for the correct drivers:
- In your browser, open the following URL: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/80939/Graphics-Drivers
- Type the name of your driver (from dxdiag) in the search box and click the search button.
- From the results, check whether your version is out of date. If so, download and install the latest driver.
Until a new graphics driver is available, please turn off hardware acceleration from the Settings tab in the Manage dialog (see picture above).
Here is a very simple test skin from user oZone (packaged by me) that demonstrates a drawing issue caused by a buggy Intel driver. As you can see, with HWA turned OFF, everything works as expected. With HWA turned on, there are some obvious drawing issues.
Known Intel HD graphics with drawing issues
Here is a list of Intel HD graphics that have had drawing issues, but the latest drivers are confirmed to fix the issue:
- https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28163/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-40- : We are still awaiting confirmation if the latest drivers have fixed the drawing issues. Here is latest download (184.108.40.20658):