It is currently April 25th, 2024, 1:57 am

[Solved] Unable to install r3199.

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
kyriakos876

[Solved] Unable to install r3199.

Post by kyriakos876 »

I tried restarting the PC. Manually closing Rainmeter as suggested by the error. I still get "trying to close rainmeter" even thought it's not running as seen from the Task Manager. I always get these to errors in the opposite order. I click Retry on the "failed closing Rainmeter" and get the second that after clicking retry throws the same error.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kyriakos876

Re: Unable to install r3199.

Post by kyriakos876 »

Error.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

kyriakos876 wrote:I tried restarting the PC. Manually closing Rainmeter as suggested by the error. I still get "trying to close rainmeter" even thought it's not running as seen from the Task Manager. I always get these to errors in the opposite order. I click Retry on the "failed closing Rainmeter" and get the second that after clicking retry throws the same error.
At en elevated command prompt, what happens if you do this...
taskkill /im rainmeter.exe
...then try uninstalling?
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
kyriakos876

Post by kyriakos876 »

SilverAzide wrote:At en elevated command prompt, what happens if you do this...
taskkill /im rainmeter.exe
...then try uninstalling?
Tried it... uninstalled and installed stable version, then tried again to install r3199 and same error poped-up
kyriakos876

Post by kyriakos876 »

I don't know what I did, but eventually it installed.
theAzack9
Developer

Post by theAzack9 »

Maybe a virus scan or something locked tile file temporarily?
kyriakos876

Post by kyriakos876 »

theAzack9 wrote:Maybe a virus scan or something locked tile file temporarily?
I doubt it.. My antivirus is doing very specific things on my PC. By the way, this is the tile when I pin Rainmeter to the start menu. (full screen start menu)
Error.png
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Nothing about the install process is changed from 4.2 to 4.3.

I think you have an issue with your system. Anecdotally, I got Start menu behavior like that back in the early days of Windows 10, when I had a "god mode" icon in my start menu folders.

https://www.pcworld.com/article/220753/windows_7_god_mode_tips_tricks_tweaks.html

Deleting that icon and restarting solved the problem for me. Having that icon just created havoc in the Start menu.
kyriakos876

Post by kyriakos876 »

jsmorley wrote:Nothing about the install process is changed from 4.2 to 4.3.

I think you have an issue with your system. Anecdotally, I got Start menu behavior like that back in the early days of Windows 10, when I had a "god mode" icon in my start menu folders.

https://www.pcworld.com/article/220753/windows_7_god_mode_tips_tricks_tweaks.html

Deleting that icon and restarting solved the problem for me. Having that icon just created havoc in the Start menu.
No god mode icon whatsoever in my system since I installed windows on this SSD. Now about the issue with my system, I can never say "No my system is working perfectly" as that would be impossible for every system out there, but I have not noticed any weird behavior.

-Note that yesterday I installed this windows update. Maybe that has to do something? Maybe not? No idea...