It is currently March 28th, 2024, 7:52 pm

NowPlaying Lyrics

General topics related to Rainmeter.
CyberTheWorm

NowPlaying Lyrics

Post by CyberTheWorm »

I saw a new measure in the 4.3 for Lyrics
Lyrics: Lyrics for track, downloaded from LyricWiki or Letras

Anything special about how to get this to work as there is nothing in the documentation
Last edited by CyberTheWorm on March 11th, 2019, 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The only source of knowledge is experience. Albert Einstein
Deviant Art Page
jsmorley
Developer

Re: NowPlaying Lyrics

Post by jsmorley »

No, nothing special other than the notes in the documentation.
The Lyrics type will detect and use both the Artist and Title values found for the .mp3 file in its ID3 tags, and will search http://lyrics.wikia.com, and then https://www.letras.mus.br for the lyrics, returning the first match. No match is possible if both Artist and Title are not present in the ID3 tags for the .mp3 file.

Code: Select all

[mLyrics]
Measure=NowPlaying
PlayerName=[mPlayer]
PlayerType=Lyrics

1.jpg

This functionality was not officially supported in early versions of NowPlaying, and since it was anticipated that it might be radically changed or even removed in the future, it does currently log a warning message that you are using an undocumented feature. I will be removing that message in the next release of Rainmeter, as this is as good as it is going to get. If there are good ID3 tags in the .mp3 file, and if there are in fact lyrics for the song on one or both of those sites, it will return them. If not, not...

Probably:

Probably not:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CyberTheWorm

Post by CyberTheWorm »

Thanks, works fine. I did notice the warning in the log
The only source of knowledge is experience. Albert Einstein
Deviant Art Page
mak_kawa

Post by mak_kawa »

Hi jsmorley and CyberTheWorm

I have noticed this new function through this thread. Now, I am using the playerType=Lyrics option in my music player, really enjoying. And the text scrolling idea of jsmorley is really appreciated.

I also hope the warning messages would be removed in next release...:-)