It is currently April 18th, 2024, 4:15 am

New UsageMonitor plugin

Changes made during the Rainmeter 4.2 beta cycle.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: New UsageMonitor plugin

Post by Yincognito »

fonpaolo wrote: April 18th, 2020, 12:08 pm The fact that support is over doesn't imply that is no longer possible to use an old operating system...
I still have a computer whose OS is Windows XP and another one whose OS is Windows 7, both up and running. :thumbup:
Obviously they don't have internet access. ;-)
Even if they had internet access, it wouldn't be that bad (assuming well set up additional security). In my view, the whole "update or else you're in danger" is grossly overrated. For money. The funny thing is that it works.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

fonpaolo wrote: April 18th, 2020, 12:08 pm The fact that support is over doesn't imply that is no longer possible to use an old operating system...
Obviously, didn't even say it's not possible to use it. I just said it is better not to use (to renounce to it), even if at right time it was a great and extremely good OS. Me personally definitely don't use a not supported OS. But definitely if someone want, it can be used. Even Windows 3 / 3.1 can be, I doubt it wouldn't be usable, however...
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: April 18th, 2020, 1:59 pm Obviously, didn't even say it's not possible to use it. I just said it is better not to use (to renounce to it), even if at right time it was a great and extremely good OS. Me personally definitely don't use a not supported OS. But definitely if someone want, it can be used. Even Windows 3 / 3.1 can be, I doubt it wouldn't be usable, however...
I tried some years ago a Win98 SE system, and, apart from the obvious outdated things that needed to be addressed, you just can't imagine how fast it was compared to the then "modern" operating systems... :rofl: That is also obvious if you still use good ol' MSDOS through an emulator like DOSBox, in order to play the old games from back then. It's like a race between a rabbit and a turtle, really.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: April 18th, 2020, 2:37 pm I tried some years ago a Win98 SE system, and, apart from the obvious outdated things that needed to be addressed, you just can't imagine how fast it was compared to the then "modern" operating systems... :rofl:
Yes, but don't forget that you probably was running that Windows 98 on a much modern and faster computer than those it was ran on those old days, two decades ago.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: April 18th, 2020, 5:30 pm Yes, but don't forget that you probably was running that Windows 98 on a much modern and faster computer than those it was ran on those old days, two decades ago.
Yeah, but the "modern" OS didn't get faster, if you know what I mean... :D Quite the contrary, in fact, if you think that even on a much faster computer, it still ran many times slower than an older OS, all that on the same "test" computer.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Ginger or Mary Ann?

I say Mary Ann...
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

jsmorley wrote: April 18th, 2020, 6:56 pm Ginger or Mary Ann?

I say Mary Ann...
Mary Ann as well ... but only after dealing with Ginger a couple of times - and in their 20s ... :D
Memories are good, as long as you don't dwell too much into them.
DougS2K

Post by DougS2K »

How do I get my RAM values circled in green (Picture linked below) to show up like what's circled in red? The two specific lines of code are in the notepad. I tried copying the code from the red circled skin but it's designed a little different and doesn't seem to transfer over. I designed the green according to the UsageMonitor information here https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual-beta/plugins/usagemonitor/.

Can't seem to find a way to turn this value to what's circled in red and autoscales. Any suggestions?

https://imgur.com/p0LaYAK
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

DougS2K wrote: July 26th, 2020, 6:50 pm How do I get my RAM values circled in green (Picture linked below) to show up like what's circled in red? The two specific lines of code are in the notepad. I tried copying the code from the red circled skin but it's designed a little different and doesn't seem to transfer over. I designed the green according to the UsageMonitor information here https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual-beta/plugins/usagemonitor/.

Can't seem to find a way to turn this value to what's circled in red and autoscales. Any suggestions?

https://imgur.com/p0LaYAK
See here or here. I recommend the latter, as it autoscales, unlike the former, which scales by a specific value you choose.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

EDIT: Sorry Yincognito, you beat me (again).
DougS2K wrote: July 26th, 2020, 6:50 pm How do I get my RAM values circled in green (Picture linked below) to show up like what's circled in red? The two specific lines of code are in the notepad. I tried copying the code from the red circled skin but it's designed a little different and doesn't seem to transfer over. I designed the green according to the UsageMonitor information here https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual-beta/plugins/usagemonitor/.
Do you mean you want to get them scaled? If yo, just add an AutoScale=1 option to the String meter which shows the results.