It is currently March 28th, 2024, 2:51 pm

New UsageMonitor plugin

Changes made during the Rainmeter 4.2 beta cycle.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: New UsageMonitor plugin

Post by jsmorley »

sephirotess wrote:I do not use NormFerp, because it does not work on a French Windows, so I do not have it in my system. Sorry to have talked about it, but since the error messages are the same, it seemed interesting that I talk about it. Obviously, it was not a good idea ...

For my Windows, they are on the same PC. These are different versions (build). I did not try on another PC. The machine is not the problem in this case.
Well, so far at least, all indications are that there is something specific to your hardware or your Windows installation that is causing this. Others that have native French and Russian versions of Windows running are not having any issues.
sephirotess

Post by sephirotess »

jsmorley wrote:Well, so far at least, all indications are that there is something specific to your hardware or your Windows installation that is causing this. Others that have native French and Russian versions of Windows running are not having any issues.
One of the Windows version was a fresh installation, so logically nothing abnormal. I can always try on another PC, but I doubt it changes anything... According to tjhrulz's research, the problem would be internal to Windows, French version. We will see.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

jsmorley wrote:Well, so far at least, all indications are that there is something specific to your hardware or your Windows installation that is causing this. Others that have native French and Russian versions of Windows running are not having any issues.
Would it help to have another French installation? Since tjhrulz already did what I would do (a VBox VM), I'm not sure my contribution would be helpful. I can spin up another language, like German or Spanish or something, if you think it would help.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

SilverAzide wrote:Would it help to have another French installation? Since tjhrulz already did what I would do (a VBox VM), I'm not sure my contribution would be helpful. I can spin up another language, like German or Spanish or something, if you think it would help.
If you can install it as native French, not English with a French language pack, then yeah.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

jsmorley wrote:If you can install it as native French, not English with a French language pack, then yeah.
Will do. I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow. I'll post the info on the other thread.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

SilverAzide wrote:Will do. I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow. I'll post the info on the other thread.
Bummer... I thought you had already done that. I thought I was clear in that thread that we were only interested in native installations of a language, and not English with a language pack added.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

jsmorley wrote:Bummer... I thought you had already done that. I thought I was clear in that thread that we were only interested in native installations of a language, and not English with a language pack added.
??? Sorry, perhaps a misunderstanding. That is what I did. I downloaded the Russian Windows 10 ISO and installed it fresh from scratch, no language pack. I will do that with the French one as well.... Is that what you need?
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

SilverAzide wrote:??? Sorry, perhaps a misunderstanding. That is what I did. I downloaded the Russian Windows 10 ISO and installed it fresh from scratch, no language pack. I will do that with the French one as well.... Is that what you need?
Ah, great! Yeah.
tjhrulz
Developer

Post by tjhrulz »

sephirotess wrote:I do not use NormFerp, because it does not work on a French Windows, so I do not have it in my system. Sorry to have talked about it, but since the error messages are the same, it seemed interesting that I talk about it. Obviously, it was not a good idea ...

For my Windows, they are on the same PC. These are different versions (build). I did not try on another PC. The machine is not the problem in this case.
I actually found it helpful so don't worry about it, what type of french is running on your system (since there are like 4 different versions of french on windows) Edit: nvm it made no difference switching to the other ones so don't worry about it. At this point I have no idea what is causing that key collision, if only MS just did everything open source :P
Last edited by tjhrulz on May 2nd, 2018, 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Please note that we had to change the separator character on Whitelist and Blacklist to be the | (pipe) character instead of the , (comma) character. Adjust any skins you have created.

https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual-beta/plugins/usagemonitor/#Blacklist
https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual-beta/plugins/usagemonitor/#Whitelist