It is currently April 19th, 2024, 8:22 pm

RAM leakage

Tips and Tricks from the Rainmeter Community
KiRe

RAM leakage

Post by KiRe »

If you have something in rainmeter just eating up all your ram and you don't know which skin it is, you can follow this procedure. This might be obvious to some of you, but none the less, I wanted to share. Thanks to Kaelri, jsmorely and dragonmage for helping me with this when I had my ram issues.

1) Open up task manager and close each skin, one at a time, a few minutes apart. If there is a sudden drop in ram, then that/those skins are what is causing the problem. If you close all your skins and the ram didn't drop, then...

2) Close all skins, load up just ONE skin and then quit rainmeter. Start rainmeter back up and monitor the ram usage for that one skin. Depending on how the speed of the "ram leakage" this might take a few minutes or a few hours. Repeat this process until you have found the culprit.

3) If you want to verify that you correctly found the skin with the ram issue(s), load two, *identical* instances of rainmeter except, have one of them running the skin that is eating up ram. Let this run for a while (few hours). Checking task manager, if the one instance is running at a significantly higher ram usage, then you know you've got the culprit.
^ rainmeter noob.
Perditor

Re: RAM leakage

Post by Perditor »

wish there was a quick way