It is currently March 29th, 2024, 12:48 pm

WinAmp with cover art

Tips and Tricks from the Rainmeter Community
DivinityX

WinAmp with cover art

Post by DivinityX »

I discovered Rainmeter today. And I like it. I've worked a bit with C++ and web developing, mainly JavaScript.
I thought I'd give this a go since there are very few skins with album art support. I've spent probably 6 hours on this since I didn't know anything about the syntax before this. (And I still fully don't, so I'm terribly sorry if I did something wrong)
The Winamp.ini is based on someone else's skin. I don't know who, because i erased the original. Cred to whoever made it (allthough it looked a lot like the one in the manual)
This is just to show you how to get cover art easily and it's for people who know the basics of rainmeter.
Note that the example is made for a 1920xX screen. You could change it to fit yours.

Download, install and start BrowseAmp:
http://www.thasler.org/

Change the port to whatever you've selected. In this example it'll be 666 because I have a HTTP server.

Add the rainmeter.html file in the skin dir you're using. (you don't have to chose eXtended, that's the point of the file. Keep it simple.)

After that, add the WinAmp skin to rainmeter or make your own.
Have fun experimenting.
WinAmp Sample.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by DivinityX on January 23rd, 2011, 5:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: WinAmp with cover art

Post by jsmorley »

Outstanding. Glad to see you just jumped in and figured it out. Go big or go home! :-)

One nit. You will confusing things if you call them "plugins". Plugins are somewhat separate addons written in C++ or C# that can add functionality to Rainmeter. What you mean is "skins". That is what the .ini files you create and load into Rainmeter are called.
DivinityX

Post by DivinityX »

Changed "plugin" to "skin" everywhere so I won't confuse anyone. Sorry for that.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

DivinityX wrote:Changed "plugin" to "skin" everywhere so I won't confuse anyone. Sorry for that.
No need at all to be sorry. The terminology of Rainmeter takes a while to wrap your head around, it's not very well defined in any case, and often honored in the breach.
KimboPrice

Post by KimboPrice »

Cool!

Will play around.