It is currently April 25th, 2024, 3:04 pm

Ever needed a special character in your code?

Tips and Tricks from the Rainmeter Community
jsmorley
Developer

Ever needed a special character in your code?

Post by jsmorley »

Ever needed / wanted to use the copyright symbol or currency symbols or others not on your keyboard in a message / email / text file? Yes, you can hold down ALT and type the ASCII number on your keypad, but who remembers them?

Go here:

http://www.copypastecharacter.com/

click on the symbol you want, and it's in your clipboard. Then just CTRL-V anywhere you want to put it.

It can put in the actual character, or the HTML code for the character. Hold down ALT while clicking to save multiple characters.

A real time saver when you are trying to put Postfix="°C" in your weather skin...

£ ¥ € ¢ ® © ™ ° ☹ ✔ ☜ ☞ ☝ ☟
dragonmage
Developer

Re: Ever needed a special character in your code?

Post by dragonmage »

That's handy!
GhostMatrix
Rainmeter Sage
Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada 45.5658°N, 73.5898°W UTC -5

Post by GhostMatrix »

But you also have to keep in mind that is related also if the Font you are using have the special character that you want to use, if not you won't have the special character showing in the text string.
From my side I prefer to use the Windows characters table utility, first because you can easily see what special characters is available with the Font, and you can copy and paste them as well !

GM
If at first you don't succeed; call it version 0.1

jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

GhostMatrix wrote:But you also have to keep in mind that is related also if the Font you are using have the special character that you want to use, if not you won't have the special character showing in the text string.
From my side I prefer to use the Windows characters table utility, first because you can easily see what special characters is available with the Font, and you can copy and paste them as well !

GM
Characters_Table.jpg
Yeah, and my text editor has an ASCII table built in as well. There are lots of ways to do this, but I just thought it was a clever website and something to have in your arsenal... :D