It is currently March 28th, 2024, 8:02 pm

[Trick | Guide] Simple scrolling switcher

Tips and Tricks from the Rainmeter Community
deflore08

Re: [Trick | Guide] Simple scrolling switcher

Post by deflore08 »

Yincognito wrote: September 21st, 2020, 2:22 pm Yeah, too bad numerical variables aren't resolved when using !SetVariable unless you also create Calc measures for them, cause it would have saved me from adding the somewhat redundant [PlayerUpIndex] and [PlayerDownIndex] measures to the code.

Maybe a Lua version would solve another dozen of bugs in AuroraBar, so push hard for it... :sly:
Ah? No, i haven't any troubles with original version of this switcher. I told about 1.1 version. When rainmeter freezes (no matter why, as example - Aurora's reasons) and you brainf*** the switcher in this moments, Y coords gets bugged and you see half of 2 player names at a time and so on. v1.2 are protected in this means. Trust me, i brought some violence for rainmeter while tested. :lol:
Image * Image * Image * Image
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

deflore08 wrote: September 21st, 2020, 2:39 pm Ah? No, i haven't any troubles with original version of this switcher. I told about 1.1 version. When rainmeter freezes (no matter why, as example - Aurora's reasons) and you brainf*** the switcher in this moments, Y coords gets bugged and you see half of 2 player names at a time and so on. v1.2 are protected in this means. Trust me, i brought some violence for rainmeter while tested. :lol:
I'm not sure we talk about the same thing, but that (seeing half of 2 player names at a time) had nothing to do with AuroraBar - it was a bug in the 1.1 version of this code, actually, and it happened for me as well. I believe it was because although the height of the text was 24 pixels, the ActionTimer measure would scroll only 20 pixels at a time, and those 4 leftover pixels would keep adding up and create the artefact you mentioned. I corrected this right from the start when I modified the 1.1 version to get the 1.2 version, because I'm quite picky wheen it comes to formulas giving the appropriate result:
Bug.jpg
Since we're at it, I've seen this approach in many ActionTimer codes ... where the scrolling / sliding ActionTimer amount doesn't equal the actual interval the variable should belong to. :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
deflore08

Post by deflore08 »

Yincognito wrote: September 21st, 2020, 2:46 pm I'm not sure we talk about the same thing, but that (seeing half of 2 player names at a time) had nothing to do with AuroraBar - it was a bug in the 1.1 version of this code, actually, and it happened for me as well. I believe it was because although the height of the text was 24 pixels, the ActionTimer measure would scroll only 20 pixels at a time, and those 4 leftover pixels would keep adding up and create the artefact you mentioned. I corrected this right from the start when I modified the 1.1 version to get the 1.2 version, because I'm quite picky wheen it comes to formulas giving the appropriate result:
Bug.jpg

Since we're at it, I've seen this approach in many ActionTimer codes ... where the scrolling / sliding ActionTimer amount doesn't equal the actual interval the variable should belong to. :D
Yes. It happens independently of performance, and trouble not in size. With 24px the same result, tested right now.
Image * Image * Image * Image
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

deflore08 wrote: September 21st, 2020, 3:14 pmWith 24px the same result, tested right now.
Really?! :jawdrop Huh, that's interesting... :???:
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth