It is currently March 28th, 2024, 1:06 pm

Skin to List Plugins Used

Tips and Tricks from the Rainmeter Community
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Skin to List Plugins Used

Post by eclectic-tech »

Sometimes, when I create a rmskin package, I can forget what 3rd Party Plugin I used...
and then publish a broken package, missing the necessary 3rd Party plugin! O.O

So I decided to create a skin that can tell me which plugins are being used in individual files.

Plugin List
PluginCheck1.png
This will parse the file and list any plugin measures used. Rainmeter's internal measures will show as green, while all 3rd Party plugins will be red.

The skin utilizes theAzack9's DragNDrop plugin that allows you to drop the file on the skin to parse it, or you can type in the path and filename manually.

If the file is encoded in UTF-16, the first scan will fail, and an option to 'Scan as Unicode' will display in the upper right corner; click that to re-scan the file using CodePage=1200.

When that scan finishes, you will see 'No Plugins' in the upper right corner, if none are found. If plugins are found, 'Scan Completed' will display in the upper right corner and a list of plugins found will be displayed. If there are more than 49 found, the list will continue on the 'Next Page'. The limit is 99 (webparser's limit). Aside: MonsterCat Visualizer had 101!

The file name can be clicked to open the file in your Rainmeter editor.
There is also a link to 'Open Skins Folder.'

Hopefully, some may find this useful in avoiding publishing package with missing 3rd party plugins.

This could probably be better done in Lua, but I leave that for better coders than me.

Edit: Simplified skin to only list external plugins and show a count.
Attachments
PluginList_1.2017.01.26.rmskin
(256.54 KiB) Downloaded 94 times
Last edited by eclectic-tech on January 27th, 2017, 2:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Skin to List Plugins Used

Post by eclectic-tech »

dvo wrote:maybe is it's better to see how many times a plugin is used and the names instead of a list of the same plugin? :sly:
Go for it! :thumbup:

That's more work than I wanted in a simple 'reminder' when I go back to publish an edited package... :uhuh:
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Skin to List Plugins Used

Post by eclectic-tech »

dvo wrote:like me always forget those things :P :o :confused: :lol:
Now you understand my mindset all too well! :p