It is currently April 20th, 2024, 1:30 am

How to REMOVE Windows 8.1 TaskBar?

Tips and Tricks from the Rainmeter Community
kein

How to REMOVE Windows 8.1 TaskBar?

Post by kein »

Hey guys, First I want to say that I am very Impressed with what one can do with Ranmeter. Keep up the good work.

Second, do you know or have any ideas on how to completely uninstall/remove the taskbar from the windows 8.1 OS? I mean to get rid of it, not with a 3rd party software that runs in the background and occasionally fails you (especially when there is a new tray icon activated I've come to notice).

Maybe someone know of a registry changes or a reg file i can use. Any help would be appreciated.

I have tried searching online but to no results.Got so desperate I posted on Yahoo Answers(LOL).

Thank You,
Alex
Crest

Re: How to REMOVE Windows 8.1 TaskBar?

Post by Crest »

There are apps which can apparently do this by running in the background, although certainly not Rainmeter. This thread has many posts with different solutions as well, but use them at your own risk.

I'd be interested to know why you'd want to disable the taskbar entirely rather than hiding it, as even with dock apps there are still tray programs that are only accessible via the taskbar. Each to their own.
kein

Post by kein »

Thank you for the tip. I would like to disable it cause it's .... out date it. I know Rainmeter is not gonna do that, but the whole purpose of having a "customized" desktop is to have it your own way. I can survive without it. I was thinking that maybe it's time to go... with something new. Plus anything that windows comes with by default usually drains rams.
kein

Post by kein »

Crest wrote:There are apps which can apparently do this by running in the background, although certainly not Rainmeter. This thread has many posts with different solutions as well, but use them at your own risk.

I'd be interested to know why you'd want to disable the taskbar entirely rather than hiding it, as even with dock apps there are still tray programs that are only accessible via the taskbar. Each to their own.

Funny I've read the exact same conversation on other forums, are simply copied form one place to another? :D
kein

Post by kein »

Crest wrote:There are apps which can apparently do this by running in the background, although certainly not Rainmeter. This thread has many posts with different solutions as well, but use them at your own risk.

Funny I've read the exact same conversation on other forums, are the conversations simply copied form one place to another? :D