It is currently April 26th, 2024, 6:52 am

Bind key to show/hide all meters (easiest way)

Tips and Tricks from the Rainmeter Community
Fullsizeluxury

Bind key to show/hide all meters (easiest way)

Post by Fullsizeluxury »

I've been through a few posts in this section with ways to show/hide all meters, and a lot of them include modifying each individual cfg and adding events to change zpos, setting up invisible toggles, and executing command line scripts with bang commands, however there is a faster way to do it

first, setup all of your meters the way you want them using staytopmost for actual meters and just topmost for any background/stylebars you want to appear under the meters

then create an autohotkey script that binds a key (or combination of keys) to perform the following actions when pressed

Code: Select all

^!Space::    ;sets "ctrl+alt+space" as the hotkey
Process, Exist, rainmeter.exe ; detects if rainmeter is running, ErrorLevel is set to ERROR if it is not
RainmeterPID =%ErrorLevel% ; immediately stores error level to the variable RainmeterPID

if RainmeterPID ; if RainmeterPID is 0 or blank (rainmaker is running)
Process, close, rainmeter.exe ; closes rainmeter

else
Run, rainmeter.exe, C:\Program Files\Rainmeter ; runs rainmeter if it's not already running
you can change ^!Space to whatever you like, and the directory path should be wherever your rainmeter.exe file is located

edit: whoops, command should be Exist, not Exists
Fullsizeluxury

Re: Bind key to show/hide all meters (easiest way)

Post by Fullsizeluxury »

Ive seen a lot of views but no replies

has anyone else tried this?
Does anyone have an easier way to show/hide all meters with a keybind that doesn't involve AHK or constantly opening/closing rainmeter for those with slowe machines?

I like this method because when I don't need to see my meters they aren't eating up background resources and my comp is fast enough that it only takes a fraction of a second to open rainmeter so im not waiting a few seconds to see my meters or suffering from the temporary spike in resource use when I just want to glance at them for a moment

anyone have some feedback on this method or perhaps a different command I could easily execute that would "bring all meters to front" or "send all meters to the back"

even a small java script that would immediately add 1 or 2 to each zpos value of my meters when scroll lock is active (making each zpos value either 2 or 3, topmost or stay topmost respectively) and then subtract 1 or 2 when scroll lock is disabled to send the meters back to desktop?

The problem that would solve is it would allow the graph meters to display the info I have from prior to toggling(opening) my meters as opposed to only showing data post toggle (because rainmeter is closed, aka, not recording the info displayed on my graphs, until I actually want my meters to be shown)
MattKing
Developer

Post by MattKing »

I could just add a bang to do this if you really wanted.
the.republicrats

Post by the.republicrats »

Hey there. Good script. I like it. However, I have a very heavy theme atm (Omnimo 2) and I don't want to open/close the app. It's too heavy. I'd rather it disable/hide and enable/show, preferably in a fade-in, fade-out fashion so that there is no wait time when turning the skins on.

What do you got for me?