It is currently April 25th, 2024, 1:55 pm

Proof of Concept: Dynamic Menus for Rainmeter {OBSOLETE}

Tips and Tricks from the Rainmeter Community
CybOrSpasm

Re: Proof of Concept: Dynamic Menus for Rainmeter

Post by CybOrSpasm »

smurfier wrote: Formula=#Page#%9+1

*cough* *cough*
Don't that just figure... mutter mutter... damn code monkeys... nonlinear calcugebra... Whatcha gonna do next week, pass gass and open a portal to another dimension? mutter mutter...

but umm... thank you. };]
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Expanded the directory sort for all options and added the ability to set a unique sort order for each of the 3 menus. :sly:

... change is in uploaded DynamicMenu3.rmskin (see first post update.)
exper1mental

Post by exper1mental »

Nice man! This'll be fun to play around with.

I have just one (perhaps bubble-nuking) question, can you set it up to display icons by each of them, like in fileview?

EDIT: I just loaded the skin, what exactly does this do that you couldn't do already with fileview?

Also, I'm getting "Calc: Division by 0 in [mPagePositionPercent]" errors. In addition, Rainmeter is giving me warnings about WebParser not having enough substrings (I'm guessing this is normal?).

If that ain't bad enough, I get "access denied" errors if I click on some of the links like My Pictures.

Anyways, its an interesting concept but I don't fully understand what this does that isn't possible with the fileview plugin.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Thanks!

If you check the date on the OP it was back before Brian replaced FileListPlugin with FileView.

I had several skin's that used the FileListPlugin. This older plugin caused a lot of problems, so I used this scheme with Webparser to get what I wanted... then Brian got involved and made this idea obsolete to some extent.

The errors of substrings is normal. The skin does not count folders (only files) and in large directories with many folders, it is possible the count is zero and caused the calc error.

I just finished changing my skin suite over to using the new Fileview plugin instead of this scheme (not published yet, maybe in a few weeks).

I get permission issues with some image files; I don't think it's related to this scheme. Would have to look closer... but not inclined since Fileview works.

Hopefully, this thread pushed the idea and Brian came through for all of us with a great native plugin.

Thanks for the feedback anyway!
Virginityrocks

Post by Virginityrocks »

Electric, why don't we just work on a skin together? We're both fileview fanatics.
Droptop Four
Dropdown menu bar & app launcher for Windows & Rainmeter