It is currently March 28th, 2024, 9:18 pm

Creating Buttons

Tips and Tricks from the Rainmeter Community
Ao Nuu Shin

Re: Creating Buttons

Post by Ao Nuu Shin »

Duuuuude!!! I think I did it! I think I made it!!! :o I'm almost there!!
Ao Nuu Shin

Post by Ao Nuu Shin »

jsmorley wrote: The problem is with the spacing.
1.png
See how the first one is way to the left, then the second one is centered, and the third one is way to the right.

Each of the icons needs to be centered in the 1/3 of the image they "own".

Yeah, you're right, i did this image this time, take a look at it! It seems it works. Althought it's a little off at some places, I think I made it work!! Look at it! It's done, it's almost done!! XD
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

One other hint. The total width of the image with all three "states" in it should really be a number of pixels you can divide evenly by "3". Otherwise it can be tricky to the spacing exactly right so you don't get "movement" as the sates changes.
Ao Nuu Shin

Post by Ao Nuu Shin »

IT'S DONE!!!! I DID IT!!! I FINALLY DID IT!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA OMG! I LOVE YOU ALL!
Ao Nuu Shin

Post by Ao Nuu Shin »

How am i supposed to play with the pixels? XD lol btw, it's done, i think!! So, i'm gonna test it out, and i will share my work with all of you, truth is....it's your work actually, i didn't do anything, but thanks!!
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Ao Nuu Shin wrote:
Yeah, you're right, i did this image this time, take a look at it! It seems it works. Althought it's a little off at some places, I think I made it work!! Look at it! It's done, it's almost done!! XD
That's close. Still need some tweaking on the spacing so you don't get "movement", and you might not want exactly the same image for each state, or what is the point? :-)
Ao Nuu Shin

Post by Ao Nuu Shin »

Yup, yup, double tested and it's working~! I can open the chrome with a triple image button, my first meterbutton....I can't believe it. XD
Ao Nuu Shin

Post by Ao Nuu Shin »

Okay, I think it's very decent, truth is, I want it to have a little move whilst you mouse over it, but if it's gonna be a problem, i guess i have to learn how to tweak the pixels now, huh? ;s how am i supposed to do that? XD please...help. lol
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Ao Nuu Shin wrote:Yup, yup, double tested and it's working~! I can open the chrome with a triple image button, my first meterbutton....I can't believe it. XD
You passed! Here is a major award:

jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Ao Nuu Shin wrote:Okay, I think it's very decent, truth is, I want it to have a little move whilst you mouse over it, but if it's gonna be a problem, i guess i have to learn how to tweak the pixels now, huh? ;s how am i supposed to do that? XD please...help. lol
It's all based on where each "icon" is positioned within the 1/3 of the total image width allocated to it. Just nudge layers around till you get what you want.