Re: Creating Buttons

Post by r3ginald »

jsmorley wrote: [MeterSample]
Meter=BUTTON
X=1
Y=1
ButtonImage=MyButton.png
ButtonCommand=!Execute ["SomeCommand"]

That's it... "you" don't do the Up, Down and Over, Rainmeter does it automatically. You just need to put the button on a meter and define what you want to have happen when it is clicked.

alrite thanks!
My Tumblog
Everything I have made is located at my blog. Visit for my latest updates, skins, themes/etc.
-------------------------------------
TEAM V.I.S.O.R.
devART
Lurker02

Post by Lurker02 »

Do you know any way to make the button when we point the mouse onto it, it will get bigger or change the image of the button?

Thank you.
Alex2539
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Alex2539 »

That's what the "over" part of the button is. The last frame of the image is automatically used in this way. There's no reason each of the 3 states have to look similar. The only constraint is that the image is automatically dived into 3 by Rainmeter, so each part must be the same shape and size. However, if you want to make it look like the image gets bigger, you can size the image for the enlarged image, then just shrink the other two parts.
ImageImageImageImage
Kaifas

Post by Kaifas »

Why my icon little bit move when i move my curson on it? I try play with photoshop but nothing.. :|
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Kaifas wrote:Why my icon little bit move when i move my curson on it? I try play with photoshop but nothing.. :|
It IS an issue with your image(s) in Photoshop though. If the three images layers are not distributed evenly in the overall bitmap .png file, you get "movement" when you hover and such. There is no other explanation possible, so you are going to have to "nudge" your image layers around in Photoshop until it works as you want.
Kaifas

Post by Kaifas »

jsmorley wrote: It IS an issue with your image(s) in Photoshop though. If the three images layers are not distributed evenly in the overall bitmap .png file, you get "movement" when you hover and such. There is no other explanation possible, so you are going to have to "nudge" your image layers around in Photoshop until it works as you want.
I little bit don't understand, what exactly i must do. And where my problem, a attached my psd, if you can look at it and tell me what is wrong.
Thank you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

You just needed to move the layers around in photoshop so they were distributed properly.
FirefoxButton.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kaifas

Post by Kaifas »

jsmorley wrote:You just needed to move the layers around in photoshop so they were distributed properly.
FirefoxButton.zip

MM... I little bit don't understand, what todo... Sorry.. :( Maybe you can explaine me with more words? Or something... :|
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Kaifas wrote:
MM... I little bit don't understand, what todo... Sorry.. :( Maybe you can explaine me with more words? Or something... :|
Open your original .psd in Photoshop.

Open my .psd in Photoshop.

Compare them by looking.
Kaifas

Post by Kaifas »

jsmorley wrote: Open your original .psd in Photoshop.

Open my .psd in Photoshop.

Compare them by looking.
HM, your little bit brightness...
Whats wrong with me... I don't understand...
With size my and your PSD is the same, i try on your psd put other *.png icon, but nothing, its moving, when i add in to config...

EDIT: Now i'm understand whats wrong, but how i can exactly add them into blank page, you made it from first time? Because in my psd not the same ir space between icons... i made exactly space like you made and vuole... Its okay... But with another icon i can't do the same :(