It is currently March 28th, 2024, 9:31 pm

How to display animation in Rainmeter

Tips and Tricks from the Rainmeter Community
Chewtoy

Re: How to display animation in Rainmeter

Post by Chewtoy »

broken303 wrote:hi, im new to rainmeter and trying to rebuild an animus (assassins creed) desktop, wherefore i need an animation.

the given examples are working, but not for me, because i want the animation to be 1680 pixels wide and 23 frames. unfortunately tis "easy" way would be to large to be an .png file.
because the image is one long DNA structure i thought of another method. my question would be if this could work, and if yes how:

if i'd just give positions to the skin, wherefrom it shows the next 1680 pixels of the image (or more, wouldn't be on the screen...), and that as often as i want frames in the animation.

|o o o|o o o|o o o|o o o o o o o...
-------------
........-------------

This would be the first frame
This would be the second frame
and the "o"s represent the image

hope this explains what i want ^^
ANY skin using that large images will probably be very resource consuming.
The easiest, and probably the best way will be to use method 2 described here: http://rainmeter.net/cms/Tips-AnimatedGIF
I don't think, therefore I'm not.
broken303

Post by broken303 »

thanks a lot, this should solve nearly every problem i have at the moment :D
CybOrSpasm

Multi-stage animations.

Post by CybOrSpasm »

Ok, I have been working on this for a couple days now, and have finally figured out how to do what I want...mostly. I am trying to make a two part animation, part 1 is the idle animation, then a new animation that shows on mouse-over (hover). The problem, is that the hover animation, even though hidden, is always running. So, what is happening, is when you mouse-over the idle animation, you sometimes catch the hover animation halfway through (or more) of its "cycle". Does any of that make sense? I have tried to read up on BitmapTransitionFrames, and am wondering if that would lead me to be able to use one long animation "strip" instead of using two separate ones as I am now??? I am afraid I just can't get my head wrapped around the BitmapTransitionFrames thing on my own. Can someone give me an example that explains them a bit please? Anyway, here is the code that I have right now, If you know of a better way of doing it, please let me know. Thanks! };]

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=60

[MeasureAnimationIdle]
Measure=CALC
Formula=Counter % 59

[MeasureAnimationHover]
Measure=CALC
Formula=Counter % 29

[MeterBackground]
Meter=IMAGE
W=150
H=200
SolidColor=0,0,0,1

[MeterIdle]
Meter=BITMAP
MeasureName=MeasureAnimationIdle
BitmapImage=A3Static.png
BitmapFrames=59
BitmapExtend=1
MouseOverAction=!execute [!RainmeterHideMeter MeterIdle][!RainmeterShowMeter Meterhover]

[MeterHover]
Meter=BITMAP
MeasureName=MeasureAnimationHover
BitmapImage=A3Hover.png
BitmapFrames=29
BitmapExtend=1
LeftMouseUpAction=""c:\""
MouseLeaveAction=!execute [!RainmeterHideMeter Meterhover][!RainmeterShowMeter MeterIdle]
Hidden=1
Last edited by dragonmage on February 2nd, 2011, 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added [Code][/Code] tags.
dragonmage
Developer

Post by dragonmage »

I believe you can solve this by using something like...

Code: Select all

[MeasureAnimationHover]
Measure=CALC
Formula=MeasureAnimationHover+1
MinValue=0
MaxValue=29
IfAboveValue=27
IfAboveAction=!Execute [!RainmeterDisableMeasure MeasureAnimationHover]
IfEqualValue=0
IfEqualAction=!Execute [!RainmeterEnableMeasure MeasureAnimationHover2]
Disabled=1

[MeasureAnimationHover2]
Measure=CALC
Formula=MeasureAnimationHover2+1
MinValue=1
MaxValue=29
IfAboveValue=28
IfAboveAction=!Execute [!RainmeterEnableMeasure MeasureAnimationHover][!RainmeterDisableMeasure MeasureAnimationHover2]
Disabled=1
Using Formula=MeasureName+1 increments the value by 1 each update and using the disable/enable bangs resets the value to 0. Just have your MouseOverAction on the initial animation enable MeasureAnimationHover then it activates MeasureAnimationHover2 one update later. The MouseLeaveAction on your MeterHover should of course disable both measures. Play around with that and make some adjustments to the values and I think you can come up with something workable.
Undead_Woody

Post by Undead_Woody »

Hello !

First of all, thanks a lot for those tutorials. It was really helpful.
However I have an issue for my animated desktop I'm trying to make :

When the animation ends, between the last frame and the first one I've got a "blank", making the animation blink each time it start over.

I tried to increase/decrease the value "Formula=Counter %" but nothing changes. Here is my code, for this one I have 48 png, none of them are blank :
;=================================================
; Rainmeter configuration file
; Updated March 8, 2010
;
; Note - You will need to get GifFrames.exe from:
; http://www.evanolds.com/#GFE
; Use this tool to convert your .gif to individual .jpg or .png images.
;
;=================================================

;[BEGIN CONFIG FILE]==============================

[Rainmeter]
Author=Jeffrey Morley
Update=70

[Metadata]
Name=GIFFrames
Config=GIF
Description=Displays a deconstructed .gif file (individual frames) as if it was a .gif file
Instructions=See .ini file for how to get and use GifFrames.exe
Version=March 8, 2010
Tags=GIF | Animation
License=Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial-Share Alike 3.0
Variant=
Preview=

[ImageMeter]
Meter=Image
ImageName=ImagesFrames\Frame[ImageNumberCalc].png
DynamicVariables=1

[ImageNumberCalc]
Measure=Calc
Formula=Counter % 48
; Use Counter % 12 instead of 11 since it counts from 0-11 and you have 12 frames starting with "0".

;[END CONFIG FILE]================================
Could you help me with that ?

(Sorry for my english by the way.)

Edit : I don't have the issue with the second method so... nevermind.
Chevinster

Post by Chevinster »

I was looking for a code like urs & thanks for sharing :)

Please advice me how to move a PNG image form right hand corner of the screen to left hand corner.

Thanks in advance
94r4d0x

Post by 94r4d0x »

tnanks
but how to animate this pics!!!!!!
i cant plz help me
[img]
http://im37.gulfup.com/UsvBb.png
[/img]
xTurtleZ

Post by xTurtleZ »

helloo,

im pretty much entirely new to making rainmeter stuff and wanted to play a video clip as a gif as my desktop background.
so i went through the animated .gif files document on the website. i extracted the frames with GifSplitter, imagemagick used all 16 gb of my ram when i opened the 1.8gb file in it..

i copied the .ini from the doc and changed it so it matched my files:
[Rainmeter]
Update=100

[Metadata]
Name=GIFFrames
Author=Rainmeter Team
Information=Displays a deconstructed .gif file (individual frames) as if it was a .gif file || Instructions: See .ini file for how to get and use ImageMagick
Version=Jan 16, 2016
License=Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial-Share Alike 3.0

[ImageNumberCalc]
Measure=Calc
Formula=Counter % 8

[ImageMeter]
Meter=Image
ImageName=#@#ImagesFrames\IMG-[ImageNumberCalc].bmp
AntiAlias=1
DynamicVariables=1

now when i start it, it doesnt do anything..
so, can you guys help me out? :oops:

this is mostly just a test, since the 7080 frames i extracted are a total of 41gb, wich im not planning to keep..

thanks in regards :welcome:

edit: the images extracted are 1920x1080
:welcome:
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

What if any errors are you getting in About / Log ?
xTurtleZ

Post by xTurtleZ »

jsmorley wrote:What if any errors are you getting in About / Log ?

hey,
here the log
ERRO (14:07:02.317) ExampleAnimateGif\GifFrames.ini: ImageName: Unable to open: D:\Rainmeter Skins\ExampleAnimateGif\@Resources\ImagesFrames\IMG-0.bmp
ERRO (14:07:02.318) ExampleAnimateGif\GifFrames.ini: ImageName: Unable to open: D:\Rainmeter Skins\ExampleAnimateGif\@Resources\ImagesFrames\IMG-1.bmp
ERRO (14:07:02.426) ExampleAnimateGif\GifFrames.ini: ImageName: Unable to open: D:\Rainmeter Skins\ExampleAnimateGif\@Resources\ImagesFrames\IMG-2.bmp
ERRO (14:07:02.537) ExampleAnimateGif\GifFrames.ini: ImageName: Unable to open: D:\Rainmeter Skins\ExampleAnimateGif\@Resources\ImagesFrames\IMG-3.bmp
ERRO (14:07:02.644) ExampleAnimateGif\GifFrames.ini: ImageName: Unable to open: D:\Rainmeter Skins\ExampleAnimateGif\@Resources\ImagesFrames\IMG-4.bmp
ERRO (14:07:02.759) ExampleAnimateGif\GifFrames.ini: ImageName: Unable to open: D:\Rainmeter Skins\ExampleAnimateGif\@Resources\ImagesFrames\IMG-5.bmp
ERRO (14:07:02.865) ExampleAnimateGif\GifFrames.ini: ImageName: Unable to open: D:\Rainmeter Skins\ExampleAnimateGif\@Resources\ImagesFrames\IMG-6.bmp
ERRO (14:07:02.974) ExampleAnimateGif\GifFrames.ini: ImageName: Unable to open: D:\Rainmeter Skins\ExampleAnimateGif\@Resources\ImagesFrames\IMG-7.bmp

it doest try to open any further then 7, should i change the formula counter to 7080?
it also seems that its getting the file names wrong. the files are named IMG00000, IMG00001.bmp, IMG00002.bmp and so on till IMG07080.bmp

edit: is there a way to make it run at 30 fps?
:welcome: