It is currently June 20th, 2019, 5:57 pm

Weather Skin Tutorial

Our most popular Tips and Tricks from the Rainmeter Team and others
koutamarto

Re: Weather Skin Tutorial

koutamarto » January 4th, 2017, 11:07 am

fonpaolo wrote:About #1, yes, you can use the code, give only credit to the creator. ;-)

About #3, first of all, open Rainmeter log and look for Day1ConditionsChild measure, what is listed there?
Hi Mate. thanks for the response.

here is a screen grab from my log of that skin. No errors under the log section.

Appears it just isnt reading the info. must be an error in my code but I cant spot it :(

http://imgur.com/a/SWenC

Cheers
fonpaolo

fonpaolo » January 4th, 2017, 12:02 pm

For what I can see, with a quick look at the code, you also need to upload WXDataWeatherVars.inc and WXDataWeatherRegExp.inc, probably there's something missing/wrong there...
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

eclectic-tech » January 4th, 2017, 2:43 pm

fonpaolo wrote:For what I can see, with a quick look at the code, you also need to upload WXDataWeatherVars.inc and WXDataWeatherRegExp.inc, probably there's something missing/wrong there...
In my case, there is a missing 'DaysFeed' variable, probably because I have a previous version of the skin.
Adding DaysFeed=3 (3~6 will work) to the [Variables] section should get it working.

If so, then you might want to add DaysFeed=6 to the '@Resources\WXDataWeatherVars.inc' file; that will return the next 5 days of weather.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

balala » January 4th, 2017, 3:24 pm

The structure of the posted WebParser measures is very weird, as I see. Maybe as fonpaolo said, you should post the content of the WXDataWeatherVars.inc and WXDataWeatherRegExp.inc files, then we see. But I have to say, I don't like that structure of the measures.
fonpaolo

fonpaolo » January 4th, 2017, 3:33 pm

balala wrote:...But I have to say, I don't like that structure of the measures.
Agreed, indeed.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

eclectic-tech » January 4th, 2017, 3:43 pm

fonpaolo wrote:Agreed, indeed.
I have to disagree... the structure is weird because the author (jsmorley) pre-wrote all of the RegExp's needed to pull info using simple variables that reflect what you want in layman's terms.

The skin in question works if the DaysFeed variable is set or the 'SuperParent' [WeatherParent] measure ends with &dayf=6
balala
Rainmeter Sage

balala » January 4th, 2017, 3:50 pm

eclectic-tech wrote:I have to disagree... the structure is weird because the author (jsmorley) pre-wrote all of the RegExp's needed to pull info using simple variables that reflect what you want in layman's terms.

The skin in question works if the DaysFeed variable is set or the 'SuperParent' [WeatherParent] measure ends with &dayf=6
I didn't say it don't work, probably it do, but anyway that structure is weird. At least for me it is...
fonpaolo

fonpaolo » January 4th, 2017, 4:28 pm

The great thing about Rainmeter is that there are many ways to do the same task, however, as balala said, I don't say that it's wrong, but that we (two) do things differently. ;-)
jsmorley
Developer

jsmorley » January 4th, 2017, 4:50 pm

Well, to each his own certainly. My approach was to expose all 180+ data elements available in that feed, without having to deal with that many distinct regular expression captures, (don't forget that WebParser can only handle 99 StringIndexes in a single parent measure, and who in their right mind would want to create a RegExp with 99 captures anyway?) and do it in a way that the average user won't have to know the ins and outs of that complex feed and what everything means.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

eclectic-tech » January 4th, 2017, 4:51 pm

Okay, okay... the structure is weird! :)

@koutamarto
Now that we completely derailed this thread :x , let us know if you get it working.

If not, then follow fonpaolo's suggestion to post those include files...