It is currently September 23rd, 2020, 1:38 pm

New Shape Meter

Changes made during the Rainmeter 4.0 beta cycle.
dvo

Re: New Shape Meter

Post by dvo »

i think it's the way it builds and show's the shapes JSMorley, if the box drawn would be a transparant nobody would talk about it.... :Whistle
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

dvo wrote: May 25th, 2020, 2:24 pm i think it's the way it builds and show's the shapes JSMorley, if the box drawn would be a transparant nobody would talk about it.... :Whistle
I'm done with this conversation.
Yincognito

Post by Yincognito »

jsmorley wrote: May 25th, 2020, 2:18 pm If that is the case, and who knows really, then my advice would be to be sure to update graphics drivers to the very latest version, and try changing the state of "Use hardware acceleration" in Settings.

My only point in all of this is that if you "don't help us to help you" as much as you can, you can't expect much in the way of results. If I was going to report an issue like this I would likely:

1) Clearly describe the behavior I'm getting. Screenshots or .gif files are always a help.
2) Provide example code or ever better an attached .rmskin that demonstrates the problem.
3) Details about my system, what version of Rainmeter, what version of Windows, what graphics card, etc.
I absolutely agree with you on this.
dvo

Post by dvo »

i have all my drivers updated all the time .. so nvidia delivers mine .. gtx 1070 8g and 32 gig memory onboard and i7 6700k :D
example i can provide when it does it again, but you will see nothing then a box around the drawn shape and it's gone after finishing the shape.
that's the flashing what you see, it restores the transparant background ... providing a screen cap is difficult to do with a overload.
and it's not with one skin but all the skins running with shapes ... so can't provide a rmskin to show ...
Last edited by dvo on May 25th, 2020, 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yincognito

Post by Yincognito »

dvo wrote: May 25th, 2020, 2:29 pm i have all my drivers updated all the time .. so nvidia delivers mine .. gtx 1070 8g and 32 gig memory onboard and i7 6700k :D
example i can provide when it does it again, but you will see nothing then a box around the drawn shape and it's gone after finishing the shape.
that's the flashing what you see, it restores the transparant background ...
So the shape is drawn inside a bounding box that quickly alternates between an opaque background and the actual transparent background that's suppose to be there, is that it?
dvo

Post by dvo »

it's seems to be like that when it overloads the first box ( the freeze ) draw's it in that color and after it loads it's transparant again..
but this is by all shapes on your screen ... btw nvidia 445.87 is my latest driver.. i think it's not a driver issue.
it's after introducing shapes in rainmeter it started by me.
Yincognito

Post by Yincognito »

dvo wrote: May 25th, 2020, 3:03 pm it's seems to be like that when it overloads the first box ( the freeze ) draw's it in that color and after it loads it's transparant again..
but this is by all shapes on your screen ... btw nvidia 445.87 is my latest driver.. i think it's not a driver issue.
it's after introducing shapes in rainmeter it started by me.
I see. Does this happen just in a certain / particular skin or for all the skins using shapes? If it happens only for one skin (or a skin suite), are you sure it's not a mistake in the code that's causing this? If this happens for all the skins using shapes, can any of us replicate the issue by creating a simple skin with shapes and overworking a bit the CPU (like starting Chrome, for example)?
dvo

Post by dvo »

I see. Does this happen just in a certain / particular skin or for all the skins using shapes? If it happens only for one skin (or a skin suite), are you sure it's not a mistake in the code that's causing this? If this happens for all the skins using shapes, can any of us replicate the issue by creating a simple skin with shapes and overworking a bit the CPU (like starting Chrome, for example)?
not in one alone if it happens it's in all the skins loaded and using shapes ... all those that are using images it doesn't...
if i want to replicate it. i don't know if i got the power to make a screenshot of movie because of the overload...
you can have it when your pc starts or a big load or last defender scanning my computer ( full scan several hours ) like last.
and how do i know it's the shape simple if you replace it with a image it's gone... rainmeter doesn't have to work a lot for that.
Yincognito

Post by Yincognito »

dvo wrote: May 25th, 2020, 4:08 pm not in one alone if it happens it's in all the skins loaded and using shapes ... all those that are using images it doesn't...
if i want to replicate it. i don't know if i got the power to make a screenshot of movie because of the overload...
you can have it when your pc starts or a big load or last defender scanning my computer ( full scan several hours ) like last.
and how do i know it's the shape simple if you replace it with a image it's gone... rainmeter doesn't have to work a lot for that.
And the background of the shape has to be transparent for the issue to happen, or it can be opaque?
dvo

Post by dvo »

this is the background that fails to load but if it happens it doesn't matter.. only that it's a shape ... any will do ... :sly:
i have seen it in different skins i mine and those from others... if it happens all shapes will do the same ...

Code: Select all

[MeterAllBackground]
Meter=Shape
Shape=Rectangle 0.5,0.5,210,396,23 | Fill Color 6,30,60,150 | StrokeWidth 1.5 | Stroke Color 200,200,200,250
X=12
Y=0
W=250
H=150