It is currently March 28th, 2024, 6:17 pm

New Shape Meter

Changes made during the Rainmeter 4.0 beta cycle.
rbriddickk84
Rainmeter Sage

Re: New Shape Meter

Post by rbriddickk84 »

jsmorley wrote:Any really clever or nice looking example skins using this stuff are always welcome. I'm not the world's most creative or artistic guy, and the more we demonstrate the capabilities, and how it is done, the better for the whole community.
Okay, i just have to wait for the next Rainmeter update to come out, to check if the skin is really works automatically. You know, it slides down, if a new update available, and displays the new and the current versions.
As soon as it works flawlessly, i will post the skin pack! :D
jsmorley wrote:Every shape I draw ends up looking vaguely like a penis, a swastika, or Kim Kardashian's butt...
:rofl: :rolmfao: :rofl: A real artist! :thumbup:
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

WyzzyMoon wrote:The shape meter is amazing so far, I've been able to simplify the code in my PulseWeb skin massively. Are you working on triangles as stand-alone shapes or will that be something to create with the upcomming Shape=Path 0,0 | LineTo 50,0 | LineTo 50,50 | ... ?

It would be cool to fill the weird and changing shapes this skin creates
We are not opposed to adding some "popular" shapes stand alone, but a triangle is really a pretty simple three segment closed path. We concentrated on Rectangle, since it is some work to round the corners manually, and Ellipse, which is tricky to get symmetrical with just curves..

As you will see in a couple of hours, a triangle is really just two segments and a ClosePath.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

We have added some "image spoilers" in the documentation for the Shape meter. While we didn't want to bulk up the length of the page with a lot of images, there are a few cases where a picture is worth a thousand words. They are in:

Custom
StrokeStartCap
StrokeEndCap
StrokeDashes
StrokeLineJoin

https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual-beta/meters/shape/
DanielPodo

Post by DanielPodo »

Incredible! I've always wanted to use rectangles with rounded edges for a material-based theme, and now I can! (easily)
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

You wanna see someone who is demonstrating how you might use the Shape meter?
Seahorse

Post by Seahorse »

Talk about knocking it out of the park... :jawdrop
rbriddickk84
Rainmeter Sage

Post by rbriddickk84 »

Greetings! :)

I encountered a strange phenomenon. I finished my notes skin, and all my shapes are working flawelessly, except some simple path-to-path shapes, what i added lastly. Somehow it seems the red values are not working in the Fill Color section!

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000
AccurateText=1

[Variables]
i1=70
i2=24
i3=26
i4=28
i5=26
i6=28

[ShapeMeter1]
Meter=Shape
Shape=Path MyPath | StrokeWidth 0 | Fill Color=255,0,0,255
MyPath=0,0 | LineTo 70,0 | LineTo 70,20 | LineTo #i1#,#i2# | LineTo #i1#,#i3# | LineTo 70,#i4# | LineTo 70,60 | LineTo 0,60 | ClosePath 1
X=0
Y=0
UpdateDivider=-1
DynamicVariables=1

The Shape's color is black in this case. If i remove the Alpha section, no effect, same black. It's weird.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

rbriddickk84 wrote:Somehow it seems the red values are not working in the Fill Color section!
With the posted option no color will work. The Shape option of the [ShapeMeter1] meter is wrong. The equal is not needed. replace the Shape=Path MyPath | StrokeWidth 0 | Fill Color[color=#FF0000]=[/color]255,0,0,255 option with Shape=Path MyPath | StrokeWidth 0 | Fill Color 255,0,0,255
rbriddickk84
Rainmeter Sage

Post by rbriddickk84 »

balala wrote:With the posted option no color will work. The Shape option of the [ShapeMeter1] meter is wrong. The equal is not needed. replace the Shape=Path MyPath | StrokeWidth 0 | Fill Color[color=#FF0000]=[/color]255,0,0,255 option with Shape=Path MyPath | StrokeWidth 0 | Fill Color 255,0,0,255
:headbang: oh...my....gosh
How idiot i am xD
Why did i do that? :D The equation sign is in my reflexes :D

Thank you very much! Most of the time tiredness is not a good option to debug codes :D
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

No, you're not! We all do such mistakes sometimes, I think. Me definitely. It happens to all of us, from time to time. Don't worry.