It is currently March 28th, 2024, 7:09 pm

Fix for AudioLevel plugin

Changes made during the Rainmeter 3.2 beta cycle.
jsmorley
Developer

Fix for AudioLevel plugin

Post by jsmorley »

We have corrected a long standing issue with the AudioLevel plugin, where stopping music or a sound or exiting an application playing music or a sound could cause the plugin to keep the last values it received, in effect "freezing" the meter display, and on some systems creating a "buzzing" sound for some number of milliseconds.

Please test this out this week, so we can be sure it corrects the issue for everyone, and that there are no unintended consequences.

You can test by loading any AudioLevel plugin skin, and opening a .mp3 song in VLC, WinAmp, or your media player of choice. Don't have any other applications making any sound at the same time. While the song is playing test both "stopping" the song in the player, and "exiting" the player application in mid-song. Be sure the AudioLevel plugin properly decays to a zero value, and your meters respond.
dgrace
Developer

Re: Fix for AudioLevel plugin

Post by dgrace »

Just for the sake of accuracy, the bug wasn't in the AudioLevel plugin - it's in Windows. I just added a workaround in the plugin. ;)

dave
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

dgrace wrote:Just for the sake of accuracy, the bug wasn't in the AudioLevel plugin - it's in Windows. I just added a workaround in the plugin. ;)

dave
Fair enough. Let's be accurate. I changed that term everywhere.
StArL0rd84

Post by StArL0rd84 »

Totally works now, well for me at least.
The "buzzing" sound is gone it seems.
Great job :thumbup:
([mWorkTime] = 1 ? #Work# : ([mEnergyLoss:%] >= 70% ? #Chillmode# : </>))