It is currently March 28th, 2024, 12:14 pm

New Documentation

Changes made during the Rainmeter 2.5 beta cycle and earlier.
smurfier

Re: New Documentation

Post by smurfier »

eclectic-tech wrote:Minor Typo in Section Variables XY last sentence... I believe this needs the word "be" inserted:
Thank you for reporting. This has been fixed.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Re: TrayMeasure info.

The other 2 sections listed in this area start by stating they are part of the Rainmeter.ini:
[Rainmeter] section

The [Rainmeter] section of Rainmeter.ini defines global options.
And
Skin sections

Skin sections in Rainmeter.ini (e.g. [illustro\Clock]) define options for how the skin is loaded and displayed in Rainmeter.
Should there be a "the" as the 4th word?

However, the Traymeasure does not clearly state that it belongs in the Rainmeter.ini:
[TrayMeasure] section

The [TrayMeasure] section defines a measure for the notification area icon. To use the default Rainmeter icon, remove the [TrayMeasure] section completely.
I can see that it is inferred by it location in the side menu, but if link directly to this, it is not clear where TrayMeasures belong.

Also, I might be wrong, but in order to modify the Rainmeter.ini, shouldn't it state that the Rainmeter program should NOT be running, otherwise it will overwrite any changes you make?

BTW: Thanks for the new docs... I really find them much easier to navigate! :thumbup:
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

eclectic-tech wrote:Re: TrayMeasure info.

The other 2 sections listed in this area start by stating they are part of the Rainmeter.ini: And Should there be a "the" as the 4th word?

However, the Traymeasure does not clearly state that it belongs in the Rainmeter.ini: I can see that it is inferred by it location in the side menu, but if link directly to this, it is not clear where TrayMeasures belong.

Also, I might be wrong, but in order to modify the Rainmeter.ini, shouldn't it state that the Rainmeter program should NOT be running, otherwise it will overwrite any changes you make?

BTW: Thanks for the new docs... I really find them much easier to navigate! :thumbup:
Your first point is ok. I do think the fact that the entire page is in the "Settings" section that references Rainmeter.ini is enough, but it won't hurt to be specific.

Second, it is not "the Rainmeter.ini", it is just "Rainmeter.ini", which is a a proper name of a file, not a noun. In the other case, the subject is the word "section", and having "The" at the start of the sentence is correct. In any case you would never say "the Rainmeter.ini", only "Rainmeter.ini" or "the Rainmeter.ini file".

As to the last point, you don't have to exit Rainmeter to makes changes to Rainmeter.ini. Your changes will not be overwritten.
smurfier

Post by smurfier »

jsmorley wrote:As to the last point, you don't have to exit Rainmeter to makes changes to Rainmeter.ini. Your changes will not be overwritten.
Unless you change the setting via Manage or move the skin before doing a Refresh All.
TheFlyingFish

Post by TheFlyingFish »

Is there an offline version of the Rainmeter docs anywhere? I tried just downloading the whole shebang from GitHub, but the links don't work if I do that.

Just curious, because I'm not connected to the Internet a lot of the time, but I'd still like to be able to access the docs.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

TheFlyingFish wrote:Is there an offline version of the Rainmeter docs anywhere? I tried just downloading the whole shebang from GitHub, but the links don't work if I do that.

Just curious, because I'm not connected to the Internet a lot of the time, but I'd still like to be able to access the docs.
Not at this time. That will come in the future.
XANCI

Post by XANCI »

smurfier

Post by smurfier »

eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Re: New Documentation Typo

Post by eclectic-tech »

http://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/variables/section-variables#MeterParameters

A minor point...

This section is related to METER section variables...
The examples in the header lines for ":X, :Y" and ":W, :H" show:

[MeasureName:X] and [MeasureName:W] instead of [MeterName:X] and [MeterName:W]
jsmorley
Developer

Re: New Documentation Typo

Post by jsmorley »

eclectic-tech wrote:http://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/variables/section-variables#MeterParameters

A minor point...

This section is related to METER section variables...
The examples in the header lines for ":X, :Y" and ":W, :H" show:

[MeasureName:X] and [MeasureName:W] instead of [MeterName:X] and [MeterName:W]
Fixed. Thanks for reporting.