It is currently March 19th, 2024, 5:59 am

Skins: New @Resources folder

Changes made during the Rainmeter 2.5 beta cycle and earlier.
Seahorse

Re: Skins: New @Resources folder

Post by Seahorse »

I need to bundle the 32bit variant with the skin, clearly I am not dropping it in C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\Rainmeter\Plugins alongside the in-use 64 bit version on my PC hence my question.

So, how do I get the 32bit variant in the right place in the rmskin file alongside the 64 bit variant using the new "Create skin" feature... :confused:
smurfier

Post by smurfier »

When adding plugins, a dialog will pop up asking for you to navigate to the 32 and 64 bit versions of the plugin. They do not need to be in APPDATA in order to add them to the rmskin.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Seahorse wrote:I need to bundle the 32bit variant with the skin, clearly I am not dropping it in C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\Rainmeter\Plugins alongside the in-use 64 bit version on my PC hence my question.

So, how do I get the 32bit variant in the right place in the rmskin file alongside the 64 bit variant using the new "Create skin" feature... :confused:
What you do is keep both the 32bit and 64bit versions somewhere on your computer. It really doesn't matter where, these files are for you to distribute with your .rmskin. Keep them in:

C:\MyRaimeterStuff\Plugins\32\MyPlugin.dll
C:\MyRaimeterStuff\Plugins\64\MyPlugin.dll

Now when you create a .rmskin, you will "add" a plugin, and browse to each of those folders in turn to add the 32bit and 64bit versions of the plugin.

Then when a user installs the .rmskin, the installer will see what bit version of Rainmeter they have, and install the correct .dll to C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\Rainmeter\Plugins

There will be only the one version of the .dll on the end user's computer in that folder.
Seahorse

Post by Seahorse »

OK, that solves the plugin problem, however there appears to be a lot of work requires editing skins to reflect the @resouces structure if I move the addons, fonts & images and tons of testing, unless there is an easy way to do that?
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Seahorse wrote:OK, that solves the plugin problem, however there appears to be a lot of work requires editing skins to reflect the @resouces structure if I move the addons, fonts & images and tons of testing, unless there is an easy way to do that?
Not really, you can decide not to do it for existing skins and just use the approach going forward, or you can, like I did, make the effort to clean up your old skins to use the #@# (@Resources) approach, and while you are at it, get rid of all !Execute commands and any "Rainmeter" left on the front of bangs.
Seahorse

Post by Seahorse »

!Rainmeter went ages ago, but it makes sense to do the rest, however, I have moved Image folder into @Resources before I edit the skins so that I can confirm they are working when I edit them and have run into a snag. I assume this is death by typo, but I can't spot one yet. It is also not clear to me why some are getting double slashes . Is there an issue with bar meters using graphics?\\...
Capture.PNG
Last edited by Seahorse on June 24th, 2012, 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

I don't know Seahorse. You clearly have some "/" where you should have "\" in some places.
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

Seahorse wrote:!Rainmeter went ages ago, but it makes sense to do the rest, however, I have moved Image folder into @Resources before I edit the skins so that I can confirm they are working when I edit them and have run into a snag. I assume this is death by typo, but I can't spot one yet. It is also not clear to me why some are getting double slashes . Is there an issue with bar meters using graphics?\\...
Can you post your skin?
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Seahorse, post your entire skin code please.
Seahorse

Post by Seahorse »

OK, it appears I had two instances of notepad running and for whatever reason the edited version in the screenshot was not applying saves to the skin (I don't get on with Notepad++ and tabbed editing)

I usually have several notepad windows open at once (in this instance I had 5 on the go, two of which were the CPU skin). When I closed all skins and windows, "Refreshed All" started and then edited the skin again it worked just fine. I am a little concerned as Ctrl S has never caused this before when editing even if there are duplicates open, it's like the window didn't have focus, except it did as I was typing in it!

However, just in case, code:

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Author=Seahorse (AKA Osric Wuscfrea) mr.seahorse@gmail.com
Update=1000
BackgroundMode=2
SolidColor=0,0,0,1
Blur=1
BlurRegion=2,0,0,210,60,25

[Metadata]
Name=Cobalt CPU Cores (1)
Version=1.2.1
License=Creative Commons BY-NC-SA 3.0
Information=Description: Temperature, peak & loads. | Instructions: Edit the variables to match your system as per 

adjacent comments. | Credits: Nil.

;1.2.2 - Updated to reflect changes to Rainmeter 2.3.
;1.2.1 - Reversed graph direction using the new GraphStart option
;1.2 - Change histogram to load from temp.  Max color text changes to red when temp > 75 same as bar.  Highest 

temperature added to bar meter as red area to 'rear'.
;1.1 - New bar & size changes
;1.0 - Release

;===============================================================================================
;Variables
;===============================================================================================

[Variables] 

;Fonts & Colours
@include="#SKINSPATH#Cobolt\Settings.inc"

;***********************************************************************************************
;Open Speedfan > Configure.  
;The Temperature Tab lists devices counting down the list from the top as device 0, 1, 2, 3 etc.  Edit the variables 

below to match YOUR components.
;***********************************************************************************************

Core1=1

;Measures

[MeasureCore1Temp]
Measure=Plugin
PlugIn=PlugIns\SpeedFanPlugin
SpeedFanType=TEMPERATURE
SpeedFanNumber=#Core1#
MinValue=0
MaxValue=85

[MeasureCore1MaxTemp]
Measure=Calc
Formula=(MeasureCore1Temp > MeasureCore1MaxTemp) ? MeasureCore1Temp : MeasureCore1MaxTemp
MinValue=0
MaxValue=85

[CalcCore1TextColour]
Measure=Calc
Formula=MeasureCore1MaxTemp>75 ? -1 :-2
Substitute=".0":"","-1":"#Colour6#","-2":"#Colour1#"

[MeasureCore1CPU]
Measure=CPU
Processor=1

;Meters

;-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
;Core1
;-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[MeterCore1Label]
Meter=String
X=10
Y=10
MeterStyle=StringStyleNoClip
FontColor=#Colour2#
Text="Core 1"

[MeterCore1Graph]
Meter=Line
MeasureName=MeasureCore1CPU
GraphStart=Left
LineWidth=1
Linecolor=#Colour2#
X=100
Y=8
W=100
H=15
Antialias=1

[MeterCore1Graph2]
Meter=Histogram
MeasureName=MeasureCore1CPU
GraphStart=Left
X=r
Y=r
W=100
H=15
Antialias=1
PrimaryColor=#Colour3#

[MeterCore1Temp]
Meter=String
MeasureName=MeasureCore1Temp
X=10
Y=17r
MeterStyle=StringStyleNoClip
Text="%1°C" 

[MeterCore1MaxTemp]
Meter=String
MeasureName=MeasureCore1MaxTemp
X=200
Y=r
W=200
MeterStyle=StringStyleRight
FontColor=[CalcCore1TextColour]
Text="Max: %1°C"
DynamicVariables=1

[MeterCore1BarBack]
Meter=Image
X=10
Y=12r
W=191
H=14
ImageName=#@#Images\BarBG.png

[MeterCore1MaxBar]
Meter=Bar
MeasureName=MeasureCore1MaxTemp
BarOrientation=Horizontal
X=r
Y=r
W=191
H=14
Flip=0
BarImage=#@#Images\BarRed.png
DynamicVariables=1

[MeterCore1Bar]
Meter=Bar
MeasureName=MeasureCore1Temp
BarOrientation=Horizontal
X=r
Y=r
W=191
H=14
Flip=0
BarImage=#@#Images\Bar.png

;Graphics

;Additionally forces the aero blur borders to correct position.
[MeterGlossTop]
Meter=Image
X=0
Y=0
W=210
H=40
ImageName=#@#Images\GlossTop.png

[MeterGlossBottom]
Meter=Image
X=0
Y=35
W=210
H=25
ImageName=#@#Images\GlossBottom.png
UPDDATE: Looks like Ctrl S is NOT working every time, so either fat fingers or my keyboard is on it's way out.