It is currently March 28th, 2024, 8:37 am

Slow Rainmeter Performance

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
BENJI1206

Re: Slow Rainmeter Performance

Post by BENJI1206 »

I have had this problem too even though i should have no problem running it, i found a fix by just disabling and audio visualizers i have enabled e.g. VisBubble which made rainmeter and all my skins run perfectly with little to no delay, hope this helps :)
fonpaolo

Post by fonpaolo »

Please, don't resume old threads, thanks, last post was in 2011.
...and just to be clear, audio visualizers are known to be heavy resource eaters, so, it's always suggested to disable them when not used.
Usually it's better have audio visualizer and player skins separate, with a measure that enables the first only when the player is in use.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

BENJI1206 wrote:I have had this problem too even though i should have no problem running it, i found a fix by just disabling and audio visualizers i have enabled e.g. VisBubble which made rainmeter and all my skins run perfectly with little to no delay, hope this helps :)
BENJI1206, beyond fonpaolo's reply, know that a few days ago I replied a similar question in the Help: Rainmeter Skins section: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?p=132078#p132078
It was related to Spotify and the Fountain of Colors skin, but these are just a small details, the code can be easily modified to work with any supported player, so to load the visualizer skin (eg VisBubble) when your player plays and unload it when the playback is paused or stopped or the player closed.