It is currently April 18th, 2024, 7:24 am

startup problem..

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
iandguzmn

startup problem..

Post by iandguzmn »

Hi friends, In msconfig/starup and tuneup utilities the rainmeter is already there and Ive already create a shortcut of rainmeter.exe in the startup folder but the problem still occurs, every time I log on its not automatically starting..
poiru
Developer

Re: startup problem..

Post by poiru »

- Remove all startup entries/shortcuts for Rainmeter.
- Download Rainmeter 1.3 RC. When installing, remember to check the "Start with Windows" (or whatever it is) checkbox.

Done :)
iandguzmn

Post by iandguzmn »

hello sir, I follow your instruction, but still the same problem.. not starting on starup.. :cry:
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

Hm.. Can you try reinstalling, but this time uncheck "Install for all users" (and make sure "Automatically start with Windows" is checked).

If that doesn't help, then I really don't know what's going on. Do other startup programs work fine? Do you have anything that might block Rainmeter from starting up?
iandguzmn

Post by iandguzmn »

Thanks man! you save my day!! ;) one thing, when starting up, all startup programs are already running or displayed(rocketdock). And after few seconds or minutes the last will be the appearance of the rainmeter. Is that normal? Because I think it taking time than the default sidebar.
Chewtoy

Post by Chewtoy »

iandguzmn wrote:Thanks man! you save my day!! ;) one thing, when starting up, all startup programs are already running or displayed(rocketdock). And after few seconds or minutes the last will be the appearance of the rainmeter. Is that normal? Because I think it taking time than the default sidebar.
I would assume your windows feels that rainmeter should be loaded last. And it also depends on how many / resource demanding skins you have. If you got some big ones windows will take its time to load them.
And as you might have many things to start autoMAGICally, windows might have a hard time loading everything at once, as it will do because it's stupid. Having a 'start-up-delayer' might help you and actually make it all faster.
I don't think, therefore I'm not.