It is currently April 20th, 2024, 2:38 am

Themes Not staying saved

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
Jincilla

Themes Not staying saved

Post by Jincilla »

Iv made several themes like 5 to be exact and the other 4 gave me no issues and still no issues i can load them at will... This 5th one is driving me mad Iv made it at least 10 times to no availe... I make it save it under a new name i can then hit load if i wish and all the skins disapear and come back up just like i saved it... But as soon as i load anouther theme bOom .. my new theme is now been saved over by what i loaded.... also i figured out that it doesnt matter what i load that one gets saved over by the next one....

Example: I make theme X , save , load theme One , reload theme X , Theme X is now theme one , load theme two , now reload theme X , theme X is is now a copy of theme 2

Any help would be most welcome
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Themes Not staying saved

Post by jsmorley »

Jincilla wrote:Iv made several themes like 5 to be exact and the other 4 gave me no issues and still no issues i can load them at will... This 5th one is driving me mad Iv made it at least 10 times to no availe... I make it save it under a new name i can then hit load if i wish and all the skins disapear and come back up just like i saved it... But as soon as i load anouther theme bOom .. my new theme is now been saved over by what i loaded.... also i figured out that it doesnt matter what i load that one gets saved over by the next one....

Example: I make theme X , save , load theme One , reload theme X , Theme X is now theme one , load theme two , now reload theme X , theme X is is now a copy of theme 2

Any help would be most welcome
That is a new one. What are the names of all your saved themes?
Jincilla

Post by Jincilla »

Angel in Black
Creation
Anti Flower
Blank ( witch is exacly what it sounds like but iv tried not starting from this beging and i have the same issue )

clean red , simple red , redness iv tried all these names for my new theme

More info : I did have an issue that i couldn't save themes at all with rainmeter installed on my secondary drive but once i uninstalled and reinstalled on my C drive i could save themes with no issues so i thought
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

No idea what is going on. Can you do this: http://rainmeter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4394 and post the text in this message?
Jincilla

Post by Jincilla »

i was just checking somthing and i have found the issue.. it was not actuly creating the rainmeter ini fill for some reason

I went to rainthmes and clicked edit on redness and it said it want avilible would you like to create one so i did and then poped in a skin and tested it and it worked fine i dont know why but it looks as thow im going to have to go in and manuly tell it to create the file every time i make a new theme

tested my thought out

Cannot find the
C:\Users\calvin\appdata\Roaming\Rainmeter\Themes\apples\Rainmeter.thm file

Do you want to create a new file

if i click yes then any thing i save works fine

maybe you can tell me how to fix this but if not its not to hard to get around
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

I just can't picture what is going on... Maybe do that RainEnv thing I mentioned.