It is currently March 28th, 2024, 7:45 pm

Skins order?

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
Thund3R

Skins order?

Post by Thund3R »

Hello there!

I started useing Rainmeter today. Its really perfect program! I spent all my day tweaking its parametrs and apperance and finally, I got this combination of modules from Gnometer (Weather), YBoris Clock from deviantart and Enigma (everything else):

Everything works fine, but actually, I found a little problem. I wan't all the skins to be on the desktop level. But, when I pop up the window from the weather widget, its BEHIND the clocks.

I would like it to be infront of the clock, but still on the desktop level. I looked through all the settings, even through few of the .ini files, and didn't find a thing about some kind of sorting. Does this have a solution or would I have to place the weather somewhere else?

Thanks for all answers! :)
Last edited by Chewtoy on August 12th, 2010, 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Use [hsimg] instead of [img].
conifer

Re: Skins order?

Post by conifer »

Unless the desktop level is particularly important, set it to bottom.
Also, that looks really good. Would you mind uploading the theme?
VClouds

Post by VClouds »

Open the rainbrowser (manage skins in the configs menu)
select your skin, skin settings - the option you want to change is Load Order. skins with higher numbers are displayed on top of the skins with lower ones.
Thund3R

Post by Thund3R »

I tried that already :) It would work fine, unfortunately, I use alot the "Show Desktop" button to minimze everything with one click. And, when I set "bottom" option and use this button, the skin disappears and appears again only when you use that button again.

And, I will gladly upload the theme if you want! :)

This is how it looks on my desktop. :)
Would it be enough to Save & Upload the created theme or is it necessary to also add the Clocks Skin which is not part of Rainmeter?

VCLouds: Oh, thanks! :) Gonna try it.
Mmmh, the Gnometer Weather skin have the Skin Settings option greyed - its unaviable. :( So, I can't raise its number... :\

EDIT: I found it! In Skins and Variants, I had selected the bad variant - and that's the reason why it was grey. Everything is ok now. Many many thanks for help! :)
VClouds

Post by VClouds »

There is another way. open Rainmeter.ini and search for "LoadOrder" in section of the skin you want to change.

edit: I see you worked it out, glad i could help.