It is currently April 25th, 2024, 5:13 am

Alt-tab and Show Desktop in Win7

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
chaji

Alt-tab and Show Desktop in Win7

Post by chaji »

Rainmeter 1.2 has a host of improvements to better support Windows 7. Fully configurable support for muiltiple monitors has been added, so you can position and save your Rainmeter setup in your multiple monitor environment. Rainmeter 1.2 now supports having your skins stay on the screen if desired when Windows 7's "Show Desktop" is used.
For the first time since I've upgraded to Windows 7 from XP, I've installed Rainmeter, as v1.2 now stays on desktop after using "Show Desktop" in Aero. Unfortunately, this feature does not seem to work very well for me, as whether Rainmeter stays on the desktop after pressing "Show Desktop" seems to depend on whether or not there's a window in focus (if the desktop is in focus, then Rainmeter stays, but if there are other windows in focus, then Rainmeter disappears). Furthermore, it appears that using Alt-Tab to show desktop will always hide Rainmeter, regardless of whether the panels are set to stay on desktop or not.

This is rather disappointing since I've been waiting for this feature for quite a while, and I would greatly appreciate it if anyone could provide me with some assistance.
poiru
Developer

Re: Alt-tab and Show Desktop in Win7

Post by poiru »

Right-click on skin -> Skin Menu -> Position -> On Desktop.
chaji

Re: Alt-tab and Show Desktop in Win7

Post by chaji »

Thanks for the response. When I was experiencing the problem, the Rainmeter panels were already set to "On Desktop".

Interestingly enough, a system reboot seemed to have solved the issue.