It is currently April 19th, 2024, 6:13 am

Unable to install Rainmeter

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
TetraCleric

Unable to install Rainmeter

Post by TetraCleric »

When attempting to install Rainmeter with Win 7 32-bit, I get an error telling me "Error decompressing data! Corrupted Installer"

When attempting to install Rainmeter with Win 7 64-bit, I get an error telling me "Installer integrity check has failed. Common causes include incomplete download and damaged media. Contact the installer's author to obtain a new copy. More information at http://nsis.sf.net/NSIS_Error.

I am able to use the zip'd install of 1.1, but I am unable to launch any other version from the installer. I have cleared my cache and re-downloaded the client and saved as alternate names. I have downloaded to different hard drives to no avail.

Any help?
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Unable to install Rainmeter

Post by jsmorley »

TetraCleric wrote:When attempting to install Rainmeter with Win 7 32-bit, I get an error telling me "Error decompressing data! Corrupted Installer"

When attempting to install Rainmeter with Win 7 64-bit, I get an error telling me "Installer integrity check has failed. Common causes include incomplete download and damaged media. Contact the installer's author to obtain a new copy. More information at http://nsis.sf.net/NSIS_Error.

I am able to use the zip'd install of 1.1, but I am unable to launch any other version from the installer. I have cleared my cache and re-downloaded the client and saved as alternate names. I have downloaded to different hard drives to no avail.

Any help?
Apparently the file was corrupted on the Google Code site. It has been fixed. Re-download the 64bit version and it should be fine now.
TetraCleric

Re: Unable to install Rainmeter

Post by TetraCleric »

jsmorley wrote: Apparently the file was corrupted on the Google Code site. It has been fixed. Re-download the 64bit version and it should be fine now.

Oh sweet, cool.