It is currently March 28th, 2024, 6:04 pm

Rainmeter just won't open and I've tried everything I can think of.

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
temias

Rainmeter just won't open and I've tried everything I can think of.

Post by temias »

Hello, right now I have a Windows 10 64 bit computer, and Rainmeter won't open. I have two applications called "Wallpaper Engine" and "TranslucentTB" that might have been the issue but it still won't open after deactivating both. All of the Rainmeter files are in the default file location so I'm just confused on why this won't work.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Rainmeter just won't open and I've tried everything I can think of.

Post by jsmorley »

What happens when you run it? Do you get any error messages? Is the Rainmeter tray icon active in the Windows notification area? If so, what happens when you double-click that?
temias

Post by temias »

jsmorley wrote: May 7th, 2021, 1:29 pm What happens when you run it? Do you get any error messages? Is the Rainmeter tray icon active in the Windows notification area? If so, what happens when you double-click that?
When I attempt to open it I get nothing. It shows up in the task manager so it's kinda running but the program just won't open.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

temias wrote: May 8th, 2021, 9:16 pm When I attempt to open it I get nothing. It shows up in the task manager so it's kinda running but the program just won't open.
Practically there is nothing which should open when Rainmeter starts. Maybe just some skins if there were skins loaded previously. So if you get the Rainmeter icon in the System tray and it just sits there without opening anything else, maybe all skins are unloaded. Try right clicking it (Rainmeter's icon in System tray). Does the context menu opening (it has to have something like Manage, About, Help and so on)? If it does, go to Skins and wait for the submenu to open. There you should see the existing configs.
So question is if there is a context menu when you right click the Rainmeter icon?
LizMarr

Post by LizMarr »

Mine quit running after a Windows update. I reinstalled the program and it seems to be working now. I blame Microsoft.