It is currently April 16th, 2024, 5:12 pm

Load, Unload Doesn't Work

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
daewon106

Load, Unload Doesn't Work

Post by daewon106 »

Hey, I'm new here, and I've searched for like an hour looking for an answer for this question so if it's already been answered, I still tried.

I just added a new skin, and of course to load it I had to use the "load" button on the browser.
Now I'm trying to add a different skin and for ANY skin, I can't load or unload anything!
So frustrating...

Am I just a noob and not gettin it? Or is this something someone else has solved?

Thanks
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Load, Unload Doesn't Work

Post by jsmorley »

daewon106 wrote:Hey, I'm new here, and I've searched for like an hour looking for an answer for this question so if it's already been answered, I still tried.

I just added a new skin, and of course to load it I had to use the "load" button on the browser.
Now I'm trying to add a different skin and for ANY skin, I can't load or unload anything!
So frustrating...

Am I just a noob and not gettin it? Or is this something someone else has solved?

Thanks
Assuming you are using RainBrowser, be sure that you not only click on the "config" at the top left under "Browse", but then click on the actual "skin" .ini file in the bottom left panel. Then "Load Skin" should light up.
daewon106

Post by daewon106 »

Yes, that's what I've been doing the whole time. It's strange because even a skin I have already loaded, the "unload" button is still grey and it won't let me click it.... what is going on...
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Is this happening on skins you have recently added? Have you restarted Rainmeter lately?
daewon106

Post by daewon106 »

No this is for EVERY skin. I've restarted rainmeter and also restarted my computer multiple times.
I'm thinking of reinstalling rainmeter, but I just have a feeling I'm gonna run into this problem again so I just hope to fix it before I reinstall it again.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

daewon106 wrote:No this is for EVERY skin. I've restarted rainmeter and also restarted my computer multiple times.
I'm thinking of reinstalling rainmeter, but I just have a feeling I'm gonna run into this problem again so I just hope to fix it before I reinstall it again.
I'm guessing there is a conflict with Rainmeter.ini somehow. Sure you don't have multiple Rainmeter.ini files on your computer somehow? Maybe one in Program Files\Rainmeter and one in APPDATA\Rainmeter?
arbrown

Post by arbrown »

I was having these same issues. Turns out that not only did I have the two different .ini files, but I also had Raininstaller.exe running twice in my processes (in the task manager). Here's what I did to fix:

- Killed the processes in the task manager.
- Uninstalled Rainmeter.
- Went and deleted all Rainmeter folders/files/etc. - whatever I could find
- Reinstalled

This seemed to take care of the problem. Hope that helps.