It is currently April 23rd, 2024, 10:46 pm

Monitoring going in, and out?

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
piercedfreak

Re: Monitoring going in, and out?

Post by piercedfreak »

Yincognito wrote: October 14th, 2020, 10:27 pm Here is a starting point for the MSI Afterburner variant - feel free to adjust...

Skin:
CPU-GPU Load-Temp_1.0.0.rmskin
Preview:
CPU-GPU Load-Temp.jpg
For the numerical options in the MSI AB measures (i.e. the ones containing the Plugin=MSIAfterburner.dll line), change the value of the CPU or GPU option to get data for a particular "core" (actually, a logical processor), e.g. CPU=1 or GPU=1. For the string options in MSI AB measures, change the index after the device name to get data for a particular core, e.g. DataSource=CPU1 temperature.

Some references:
- MSI Afterburner + RivaTuner (must be installed and running)
- forum info regarding the plugin (even though the plugin is included in the skin package above, the linked thread contains useful info)

By the way, since you talked about games, while Rainmeter is able to display the skins only when in desktop mode, MSI AB and Riva Tuner (the software itself, not the plugin) has the ability of displaying pretty much the same data (not to mention the FPS) on the screen while you're gaming, assuming some tweaking on its tabs (mainly the monitoring tab and some other things in Riva Tuner Statistics Server):
MSI AB Monitoring.jpg
Example:
MSI AB - RTSS Skin In Games.jpg
Add to that the ability to record videos, capture screenshots and other stuff (including passing data to Rainmeter using the plugin), free of charge, and you have a very interesting proposition.

Thank you!
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

piercedfreak wrote: October 15th, 2020, 1:02 pm Thank you!
No problem - let me know if it works well for your Ryzen processor, and if so, what MSI AB version does. They had a few issues with Ryzens in the past (who didn't, right?), but I imagine they solved them by now.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
piercedfreak

Post by piercedfreak »

Yincognito wrote: October 15th, 2020, 1:31 pm No problem - let me know if it works well for your Ryzen processor, and if so, what MSI AB version does. They had a few issues with Ryzens in the past (who didn't, right?), but I imagine they solved them by now.
Working flawlessly, and exactly what I wanted. Thanks again!!
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

piercedfreak wrote: October 15th, 2020, 5:09 pm Working flawlessly, and exactly what I wanted. Thanks again!!
Excellent then - my pleasure. ;-)
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth