It is currently April 18th, 2024, 9:42 pm

Help me Rainmeter not installing properly

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
yunusk

Help me Rainmeter not installing properly

Post by yunusk »

I discovered the rainmeter today and wanted to try it but I just can't install it.(Every time installation completed succesfully.) I installed version 4.3.1 on my first try but it never worked. There was no change to my desktop after installation and when I tried to run it myself the rainmeter icon was only visible for a few seconds and I could not click it. I uninstalled it completely tried to install again, tried restarting my computer, running as admin the installer, disabling antivirus but it never worked. Then I tried to install version 4.4(r3350) it didn't worked either. Finally I tried to install version 4.2 . It is loaded and rainmeter running but still not working properly and the skin which I want to try requires 4.3.1 or above. I searched the internet for a solution but I couldn't find it. Please help me.
The screenshot is from version 4.2
https://imgur.com/AdfDmpD

if I made a typo forgive my english is not so good and sometimes I had to use translate
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Help me Rainmeter not installing properly

Post by balala »

yunusk wrote: May 30th, 2020, 11:09 am I discovered the rainmeter today and wanted to try it but I just can't install it.(Every time installation completed succesfully.)
Sorry for the late reply.
Since these two facts don't match each other and based on the posted screenshot, I suppose Rainmeter is properly installed, but the strings are not shown, while the images (the backgrounds for instance) are. Is this right?
A while ago a similar issue came up. Strings were not shown, but images were. I remember such discussions, but unfortunately although I'm trying to locate them, I can't find.
Maybe someone here have a tip on how to find those discussions.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yep, this can be a fix, however I think there has been another topic with this issue, but as said, unfortunately I (still) can't locate it...
yunusk

Post by yunusk »

Thank you both for your answers.

I just installed rainmeter and it works now. I haven't made any changes to my computer since my last try but there is no problem now. I don't know what was the problem and how was it repaired. Thanks again :welcome:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

yunusk wrote: June 3rd, 2020, 6:32 am I just installed rainmeter and it works now. I haven't made any changes to my computer since my last try but there is no problem now. I don't know what was the problem and how was it repaired.
That's good, I'm glad. Wish you all the best using Rainmeter, which is an extremely good (smart?) piece of software. And if you keep working, it's gonna give you a lot of satisfactions (but sometimes frustrations as well).