It is currently April 19th, 2024, 7:37 am

All Rainmeter Weather Skins refuse to load

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
JohnBurns

All Rainmeter Weather Skins refuse to load

Post by JohnBurns »

Suddenly today, all my Rainmeter weather skins have refused to load. I tried reinstalling Rainmeter but no success in getting weather skins fixed. I restored my pc to earlier this morning and the weather skins worked a short time, then stopped getting weather information. Could anyone point me in the direction to fixing this problem? I use Rainmeter daily, but I like the weather in addition to the time, and date. A screenshot showing the problem is attached. Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Windows 10 Version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.870)
44))Realtime: Windows Defender, McAfee Total Access-Total Protection, Malwarebytes, WiseVector, HMP Alert, UAC Highest Level
OnDemand: Adwcleaner, MRT, Emsisoft EEK
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: All Rainmeter Weather Skins refuse to load

Post by balala »

JohnBurns wrote: May 21st, 2020, 11:36 pm A screenshot showing the problem is attached.
Yes screenshot attached, but what skin are you talking about?
xenium

Post by xenium »

JohnBurns wrote: May 21st, 2020, 11:36 pm Suddenly today, all my Rainmeter weather skins have refused to load. I tried reinstalling Rainmeter but no success in getting weather skins fixed. I restored my pc to earlier this morning and the weather skins worked a short time, then stopped getting weather information. Could anyone point me in the direction to fixing this problem? I use Rainmeter daily, but I like the weather in addition to the time, and date. A screenshot showing the problem is attached. Thanks!
If the weather skins that use TWC as a source do not work try my skins that use Yahoo or Foreca:
https://www.deviantart.com/xxenium/gallery
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

dvo wrote: May 22nd, 2020, 8:35 am just the weather part balala i guess weather.com :welcome:
weather.com is the source of your skin, probably. But how is named the skin itself? If you right click the skin, you get a context menu. Post its first entry, which is the config of your skin. For instance the config of the skin shown bellow is Mirage\Weather:
Weather.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
xenium

Post by xenium »

dvo wrote: May 22nd, 2020, 9:43 am i was testing with windows10weatherenterprise and saw that the current is down
the current is not showing but the rest of hourly works still ... 7days and today down
What is your location?
xenium

Post by xenium »

dvo wrote: May 22nd, 2020, 10:12 am NL= dutch aka NLXX0019
It works for me
Capture.PNG
xenium

Post by xenium »

dvo wrote: May 22nd, 2020, 10:31 am i was trying your trick by rebooting 3 - 4 time it didn't solve it here :D the first and the second window is empty over here maybe i have a older version
gonna load the latest..
I'm sorry, all you have to do is wait, maybe the issue will be solved...
xenium

Post by xenium »

dvo wrote: May 22nd, 2020, 10:36 am Windows 10 Weather PRO (UPDATED 27-APR-2020) same with this skin ... empty...
:D
Capture.PNG
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

dvo wrote: May 22nd, 2020, 11:24 am your a lucky one ... i can let you see it's empty but doesn't add any to what we know already ... :confused:
Let me know if this works for you.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

dvo wrote: May 22nd, 2020, 11:42 am getting: Tempature = 21 Â ºC so lat and long are working

isn't it better to have a script that loads a script (maybe on rainmeter.net) that will fix all at once for every one ?
instead of every time fix all scripts with all the same. maybe a idea .... :o
There isn't a script smart enough to automatically "understand" which is a certain field based on various names that the said field can have, the way a human could - not until someone invents a true AI. So, what you want would translate into making the Rainmeter devs building (an updating) a regex for you, because you are not in the mood to do it yourself, LOL. That's something I would never ask the devs to do, although jsmorley made a great effort in providing something along those lines; I mean, they already provide us with Rainmeter itself for free, and to ask them to do all the heavy work for skin developers with regards to an ever changing weather.com (or whatever other site's) format lacks a bit of common sense, in my view. That should be the job of skin developers, just as the job of Rainmeter developers is to provide us with a functional, bug free Rainmeter version - each with his own. I mean, if one is a true skin developer, he surely knows how to modify a regex when the source format changes, right?
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth