It is currently April 19th, 2024, 11:55 am

uninstallation problem

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
unknownplayer

uninstallation problem

Post by unknownplayer »

hi fellas... i tried to uninstall rainmeter but it keeps coming back after i restart the pc.. not only the program relaunch, the folders i deleted in junk box come back and even the setup file i deleted comes back to desktop.. its like a recover mode backup... please help otherwise i will have to format the brand new pc i just bought.. its so annoying

ps: i tried the instructions for uninstall problems... uninstalled and deleted the remaining files manually.. setup an uninstall program to seek and destroy all files related.. yet still the same result.. im about to go insane
jsmorley
Developer

Re: uninstallation problem

Post by jsmorley »

I don't see how this is in any way possible, unless you are running Windows in some form of "Sandbox" mode, where changes you make are discarded when the computer reboots. I don't see this as having anything to do with Rainmeter as such, you need to investigate your Windows setup a bit.'

Sandbox, either from Windows or some other 3rd-party software you are running, is the only thing that makes any sense based on your description, but I'd be shocked if you are running in that kind of mode and are unaware of it.

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-use-windows-sandbox-windows-10-may-2019-update
unknownplayer

Re: uninstallation problem

Post by unknownplayer »

Thanks for reply.. i dont use sendbox.. but i dont understand how thats possible as well because thats the only thing i installed except chrome.. i cant install anything because after i restart pc it sets back to date i installed this program and deletes everything i installed. anyways im gonna format the pc thanks again.