It is currently April 26th, 2024, 8:55 am

Webparser.dll not loaded

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
groen

Webparser.dll not loaded

Post by groen »

I have been using rainmeter for a few weeks now without any problems. I am on the latest beta release. All of a sudden the webparser.dll is not pulling any data down. I have multiple RSS and weather that i have been using it for. The sysinfo.dll is working so is the dll that loads data from foobar. I have tried creating a fresh install by removing the my docs and program files directories and installing the non beta version. Again the webparser.dll is not working. I tried inputting the debug=1 into skins that use the dll under the measure. There is no log file created. I have tried restarting the pc.

This is a very strange problem.
Jkon

Re: Webparser.dll not loaded

Post by Jkon »

I'm not sure on this but it may have something to do with your firewall.Might be worth checking the permissions list.
groen

Post by groen »

thank you for your reply.

I run pfsense as a router/firewall and i have checked the firewall logs. Internet on the computer is working ok and i can browse the same urls that are in the regex through the browser. As the debug=1 is not working i think there is a more serious problem. Strange that i made that post about the sat img now it doesn't work like this. Doesn't help my paranoia :/
Jkon

Post by Jkon »

If your sure your traffic rules are not blocking rainmeters access to the internet and i'm sure you have checked that the path to the webparser.dll is still valid then Im out of ideas,cant understand any reason for a dll to just stop working.
groen

Post by groen »

i fixed the problem. I had set a proxy server in internet explorer proxy settings. this for some reason webparser.dll was using. I noticed with tcpview that when doing a refresh it was going to a strange ip. Then i checked the proxy settings and it was the same ip.

Does that mean i can use those settings to proxy the web parser ?

what sucks though is in the process of trying to fix it, i have lost all my custom themes :(
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

groen wrote:i fixed the problem. I had set a proxy server in internet explorer proxy settings. this for some reason webparser.dll was using. I noticed with tcpview that when doing a refresh it was going to a strange ip. Then i checked the proxy settings and it was the same ip.

Does that mean i can use those settings to proxy the web parser ?

what sucks though is in the process of trying to fix it, i have lost all my custom themes :(
WebParser basically uses Internet Explorer to connect to the web.