It is currently April 18th, 2024, 11:31 pm

Novice: Clock that is hidden until moused over

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
tommiean

Novice: Clock that is hidden until moused over

Post by tommiean »

Hello!

I have recently discovered this amazing tool and together with Nexus Dock I've been able to create a very minimalistic and clean desktop. I however want an application(I think(?)) that is always hidden unless I mouse over somewhere in the top corner(or well, position I can change manually I think, I just need the mouseover function(?)). Reason being I do right now not have any way to know the time unless I move over to the desktop background which can be quite annoying.

I am wondering if there's any way to have an application that's above everything, but always stays hidden unless I mouse over. And if so, how do I create the mouse over effect. Maybe only the effect is needed and the clock I can figure out and customize myself.

Thanks in advance!
Sincerely,
Tommie

Edit: There's already an in-built function that allows for hiding when mousing over, so I assume it's possible. I just don't have the knowledge how to haha!
mak_kawa

Re: Novice: Clock that is hidden until moused over

Post by mak_kawa »

Hi tommiean

Not sure unless you show us your skin(s) code. But generally speaking, you have to locate semi-transparent meter (SolidColor=0,0,0,1) at the place you want, and describe MouseOverAction=[!Show SomeConfig] in the meter section. If you want to hide the clock on mouse-leave again, MouseLeaveAction=[!Hide SomeConfig].

By the way, the "application" in your sentense want an application(I think(?)) that is always hidden unless I mouse over means some Rainmeter clock skin??