It is currently April 26th, 2024, 9:15 am

Cancelling Hide on Mouse Over

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
Astrowanderer

Cancelling Hide on Mouse Over

Post by Astrowanderer »

Hi I am a newbie but I have scoured the manuals. UIsing the 4.3.1.3321. I set the welcome screen to hide on mouseover and of course now i can get at any of the menu items. The only way to cancel this I could find or think of was to completely uninstall and reinstall. I did find a hideonmouseover=1 which i change to zero but it had no effect. Sure there must be a better way?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Cancelling Hide on Mouse Over

Post by balala »

Astrowanderer wrote: April 16th, 2020, 10:46 am I set the welcome screen to hide on mouseover and of course now i can get at any of the menu items.
Not entirely sure what are you talking about. What you mean by "welcome screen" and what by "i can get at any of the menu items"?
Astrowanderer wrote: April 16th, 2020, 10:46 am The only way to cancel this I could find or think of was to completely uninstall and reinstall.
A completely uninstall and reinstall, rarely helps.
Astrowanderer wrote: April 16th, 2020, 10:46 am I did find a hideonmouseover=1 which i change to zero but it had no effect. Sure there must be a better way?
The HideOnMouseOver option (which has to be added to a skin section of the Rainmeter.ini, accessible through the Edit settings menu item on the right click menu to the Rainmeter icon in the Notification Area) is used to:
Control the transparency of the skin when the mouse is moved on and off of it.
Note that even if you change the value of this option (or of any other), this gets started applying only if you refresh the skin (right click the skin and click Refresh) or refresh all (right click the Rainmeter icon in the Notification Area and click Refresh all). Did you do such a refresh?