It is currently April 25th, 2024, 5:45 am

Cannot interact with skin control menus

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
someone456789

Cannot interact with skin control menus

Post by someone456789 »

Hello everyone, I apologize if this is the wrong sub to post in

I installed rainmeter in order to have a desktop music visualizer, the skin itself installs fine and the visualizer works.
equalizer.png
The problem is, I cannot interact at all with the menus the visualizer comes with. It has click and drag sliders that adjust the visualizer params, and clicking on them does absolutely nothing.
settings menu.png
Occasionally clicking around opens the color selection menu which I also cannot interact with
color.png
rainmeter settings.png
I would appreciate any help with this
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Cannot interact with skin control menus

Post by balala »

First of all: you didn't say us which skin are you using. It seems it's VisBubble, am I right?
If I am (and suppose I am), then there indeed seems to be a problem with the settings skin: it practically doesn't work as it should. Probably the author should take a look and fix the skin.
In meantime what I'd do is to manually edit the variables in order to can achieve the desired settings.
The settings are stored into the VisBubble\Settings.inc file. For instance to get the lines of the skin recolored, open the above file and modify the ItemColor variable. Then save the file and refresh the skin. If you modify the variable to ItemColor=255,0,0, the lines become red, but obviously you have to set the color you like.
someone456789

Post by someone456789 »

Sorry, was supposed to attach a link to the skin. https://visualskins.com/skin/visbubble-30

I know I can manually change the parameters, its just a bit of a hassle. So what you're saying is that its a problem with the skin code and not something I'm doing wrong?

Edit: Just want to add that I've also tried 3 or 4 other visualizers and none of them work properly, same problems as I have with this one.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

someone456789 wrote: March 27th, 2020, 4:54 pm Sorry, was supposed to attach a link to the skin. https://visualskins.com/skin/visbubble-30
Yep, I figured out this is the skin you're talking about.
someone456789 wrote: March 27th, 2020, 4:54 pm I know I can manually change the parameters, its just a bit of a hassle. So what you're saying is that its a problem with the skin code and not something I'm doing wrong?
No, you're not doing wrong anything. It seems there is a problem with the code, but I admit I didn't enter too deeply into it.
someone456789 wrote: March 27th, 2020, 4:54 pm Edit: Just want to add that I've also tried 3 or 4 other visualizers and none of them work properly, same problems as I have with this one.
Visualizer skins are basically known being extremely "hungry", eating a lot of resources, mostly due to their low Update value (for instance this skin has the Update set to 25 milliseconds). But what you mean by "none of them work properly"? They don't interact with clicks / right clicks, or what is the problem?
someone456789

Post by someone456789 »

None of the skins I tried using react to clicks and/or right clicks. They have similar menus that you interact with, with sliding parameter adjustements
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

someone456789 wrote: March 27th, 2020, 6:49 pm None of the skins I tried using react to clicks and/or right clicks. They have similar menus that you interact with, with sliding parameter adjustements
I suppose you are talking about the other skins of the same VisBubble package, right? If you are, they are using the same settings skin (VisBubble\SettingsWindow\SettingsWindow.ini), which if doesn't work with one of the skins, it doesn't work nor with the others.
From my part no other solution than the manual editing of the VisBubble\Settings.inc file. Probably here the author of the suite should help, at least if he is still active.