It is currently May 27th, 2020, 3:27 am

Rainmeter won't launch at all

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Rainmeter won't launch at all

Post by balala »

Hamonate1 wrote:
March 3rd, 2020, 8:11 pm
The rainmeter file is non-existent it seems in my appdata folder. It was present before when I was trying the solutions in your bigger post of general bug fixes, but now it's gone. Just reinstalled rainmeter and it still didn't show. I checked in the roaming folder and it's present there. Is that the same rainmeter folder or should there be 2 separate ones per folder?
It is located on the following path: c:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Roaming\Rainmeter\. Note that AppData is a hidden folder.
Details: https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/settings/#FilesFolders
Hamonate1

Post by Hamonate1 »

It is now present in both file paths that you guys have given me. I opened the configs in each and by default they had hardware acceleration set to 0 with no input from me. Though the issue still persists. Should I try changing the value to 1?

Edit: Setting it to one worked. I am very thankful for the help
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Hamonate1 wrote:
March 3rd, 2020, 8:11 pm
This is weird... The rainmeter file is non-existent it seems in my appdata folder. It was present before when I was trying the solutions in your bigger post of general bug fixes, but now it's gone. Just reinstalled rainmeter and it still didn't show. I checked in the roaming folder and it's present there. Is that the same rainmeter folder or should there be 2 separate ones per folder?
I'm sorry, that's my fault. I should have said "Roaming", not "Local".
Hamonate1

Post by Hamonate1 »

No problem, with your help, I was still able to fix it. I needed to change the hardware acceleration value to 1 and it started working