It is currently March 28th, 2024, 9:09 am

Get folder appear when hovering on right side of my screen

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Get folder appear when hovering on right side of my screen

Post by eclectic-tech »

Jason wrote: May 25th, 2020, 5:19 pm Here's what I get...
Here is the 'Chrome.png' image i used (800x200 pixels):
chrome.png
The one you show in your animation has the logo on the right instead of the left.
Addendum: Actually, you only need a single image meter, so you can also remove [ChromeName] meter, and the skin will work as shown in my code above.
Jason

Post by Jason »

balala wrote: May 25th, 2020, 5:33 pm And do you have problems with this code?
yup as it does not use imagecrop, the chrome icon is on the right side instead of left.
balala wrote: May 25th, 2020, 5:52 pm Yes, as said in my reply to eclectic-tech, I added the [MeterBackground] meter to have a consistent meter, to which to add the mouse action. In the previous code, there were two adiacent meters ([Chrome] and [ChromeName]), both with the same MouseOverAction and MouseLeaveAction (added then to the commonly used [IconStyle] section). The issue seemed to be when you've hovered the mouse over the border of these two meters. This was what I wanted to avoid, by adding the [MeterBackground] meter, to have one single meter, instead of two.
With the new code, the sliding is going on when you're hovering the mouse over this [MeterBackground] meter. To see it, replace the SolidColor option of the [MeterBackground] meter with something like SolidColor=250,0,0,150. You gonna see the surface which you have to hover the mouse over, in order to slide out the meters:
GIF.gif
which means the red color is the field of then chrome.ini ?? whenever i hover my house over that field ( not on the chrome icon ) it will slide to the left ??

Thanks
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

eclectic-tech wrote: May 25th, 2020, 11:27 pm Addendum: Actually, you only need a single image meter, so you can also remove [ChromeName] meter, and the skin will work as shown in my code above.
When I wrote my code I wanted to avoid manually editing the image, because the unFold config has 29 skins for launching different apps, each skin having three variants (one Black, one Transparent and another White). That sums it up to 87 images which should be edited manually. I doubt anyone has enough time (or is willing) to do this in a reasonable time. That's why have I added the [ChromeName] meter, to get both, the icon and the name of the actual app. As jsmorley suggested, the name could be replaced by a String meter, but I believed it would be nice to have the name with the same style as initially.
However, I still believe that extra meter doesn't complicate things too much.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Jason wrote: May 26th, 2020, 3:07 am which means the red color is the field of then chrome.ini ??
The red field has nothing to do with the Chrome icon. It is a distinct meter.
Jason wrote: May 26th, 2020, 3:07 am whenever i hover my house over that field ( not on the chrome icon ) it will slide to the left ??
Exactly. Question is if the glitch is still present with this red field.
Jason

Post by Jason »

balala wrote: May 26th, 2020, 6:29 am The red field has nothing to do with the Chrome icon. It is a distinct meter.

Exactly. Question is if the glitch is still present with this red field.
The glitch is gone....
ChromeGifv11.gif
It just that now, whenever i hover my house from left to right ( horizontally ), before reaching chrome icon , it is already sliding left...
*** Compare the Chrome Icon and MySQL icon ***
( It only occur when mouse moving horizontal ) but overall is okay ~~

Codes below.

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000
BackgroundMode=2
SolidColor=0,0,0,1
SkinWidth=200

[Metadata]
Name=unFold
Author=DevilRev

[Variables]
X1=-150
U=[!UpdateMeasureGroup Sliders][!UpdateMeterGroup Items][!Redraw]

[MeterBackground]
Meter=Image
SolidColor=0,0,0,1
X=0
Y=0
W=200
H=50
MouseOverAction=[!CommandMeasure MeasureSlide "Stop 1"][!CommandMeasure MeasureSlide "Execute 2"]
MouseLeaveAction=[!CommandMeasure MeasureSlide "Stop 2"][!CommandMeasure MeasureSlide "Execute 1"]

[IconStyle]
Group=Items
ImageName=#@#Buttons\Transparent\Chrome.png
H=50
DynamicVariables=1
LeftMouseDownAction=[!SetOptionGroup Items ImageAlpha "150"][!UpdateMeterGroup "Items"][!Redraw]
LeftMouseUpAction=[!SetOptionGroup Items ImageAlpha "255"]["Chrome.exe"][!UpdateMeterGroup "Items"][!Redraw]
RightMouseDownAction=[!Update]

[Chrome]
Meter=Image
MeterStyle=IconStyle
X=(-#X1#)
ImageCrop=600,0,200,200

[ChromeName]
Meter=Image
MeterStyle=IconStyle
X=0R
Y=0r
ImageCrop=0,0,600,200

[MeasureSlide]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=ActionTimer
Group=Sliders
ActionList1=Repeat Left,5,30
Left=[!SetVariable X1 "(Clamp(#X1#-5,-150,0))"]#U#
ActionList2=Repeat Right,5,30
Right=[!SetVariable X1 "(Clamp(#X1#+5,-150,0))"]#U#
DynamicVariables=1
THanks
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Jason wrote: May 26th, 2020, 1:53 pm ( It only occur when mouse moving horizontal )
No, wrong. It occurs whenever are you hovering the mouse over the surface occupied by the slide out icon, no matter the direction:
GIF.gif
Jason wrote: May 26th, 2020, 1:53 pm but overall is okay ~~
No, it's not. With this change I just wanted to make sure if there is only one single meter with the mouse actions set, the glitch is gone. Now that this proved to be true, we gonna do the next step.
Jason wrote: May 26th, 2020, 1:53 pm The glitch is gone....
Alright. According to this and what I wrote above, please try out the following code and let me know how does it work:

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000
BackgroundMode=2
SolidColor=0,0,0,1
SkinWidth=200

[Metadata]
Name=unFold
Author=DevilRev

[Variables]
X1=-150

[IconStyle]
Group=Items
H=50
DynamicVariables=1

[Chrome]
Meter=Image
MeterStyle=IconStyle
X=(-#X1#)
ImageCrop=600,0,200,200

[MeterBackground]
Meter=Image
SolidColor=250,0,0,1
X=0r
Y=0r
W=200
H=50
MouseOverAction=[!CommandMeasure MeasureSlide "Stop 1"][!CommandMeasure MeasureSlide "Execute 2"]
MouseLeaveAction=[!CommandMeasure MeasureSlide "Stop 2"][!CommandMeasure MeasureSlide "Execute 1"]
LeftMouseDownAction=[!SetOptionGroup Items ImageAlpha "150"][!UpdateMeterGroup "Items"][!Redraw]
LeftMouseUpAction=[!SetOptionGroup Items ImageAlpha "255"]["Chrome.exe"][!UpdateMeterGroup "Items"][!Redraw]
Group=Items

[ChromeName]
Meter=Image
MeterStyle=IconStyle
X=50r
Y=0r
ImageCrop=0,0,600,200

[MeasureSlide]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=ActionTimer
Group=Sliders
DynamicVariables=1
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: May 26th, 2020, 2:28 pmNo, it's not. With this change I just wanted to make sure if there is only one single meter with the mouse actions set, the glitch is gone. Now that this proved to be true, we gonna do the next step.
I didn't follow the topic closely for in recent days, but I'm curious: what was the glitch all about, after all? No need for a detailed explanation, just a short one phrase summary. Thanks. ;-)
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: May 26th, 2020, 3:35 pm I didn't follow the topic closely for in recent days, but I'm curious: what was the glitch all about, after all? No need for a detailed explanation, just a short one phrase summary.
As you probably know, initially there has been an Image meter, with the icon on right and the name on left. When the user are hovering the mouse over the icon (at the very first moment only this is visible, the name isn't), both the icon and its name is sliding out to left. The question was how this could be modified to slide to right. It can be done (at least) in two different ways: modifying the image (to move the name on left of the icon) or as it has been done, creating two Image meters and using ImageCrop options on both, to get the name on the left sided meter and the icon on the right sided meter. This avoids the need of manually editing the image, through any kind of image editing software, like Photoshop or whatever.
Problem was that everything looked good, but when Jason moved the mouse on certain point, the slid out icon moved a little bit. This is what should be fixed.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: May 26th, 2020, 4:10 pm As you probably know, initially there has been an Image meter, with the icon on right and the name on left. When the user are hovering the mouse over the icon (at the very first moment only this is visible, the name isn't), both the icon and its name is sliding out to left. The question was how this could be modified to slide to right. It can be done (at least) in two different ways: modifying the image (to move the name on left of the icon) or as it has been done, creating two Image meters and using ImageCrop options on both, to get the name on the left sided meter and the icon on the right sided meter. This avoids the need of manually editing the image, through any kind of image editing software, like Photoshop or whatever.
Problem was that everything looked good, but when Jason moved the mouse on certain point, the slid out icon moved a little bit. This is what should be fixed.
I see. Thanks for explaining.
Jason

Post by Jason »

balala wrote: May 26th, 2020, 2:28 pm No, wrong. It occurs whenever are you hovering the mouse over the surface occupied by the slide out icon, no matter the direction:
GIF.gif

No, it's not. With this change I just wanted to make sure if there is only one single meter with the mouse actions set, the glitch is gone. Now that this proved to be true, we gonna do the next step.

Alright. According to this and what I wrote above, please try out the following code and let me know how does it work:

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000
BackgroundMode=2
SolidColor=0,0,0,1
SkinWidth=200

[Metadata]
Name=unFold
Author=DevilRev

[Variables]
X1=-150

[IconStyle]
Group=Items
H=50
DynamicVariables=1

[Chrome]
Meter=Image
MeterStyle=IconStyle
X=(-#X1#)
ImageCrop=600,0,200,200

[MeterBackground]
Meter=Image
SolidColor=250,0,0,1
X=0r
Y=0r
W=200
H=50
Group=Items

[ChromeName]
Meter=Image
MeterStyle=IconStyle
X=50r
Y=0r
ImageCrop=0,0,600,200

[MeasureSlide]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=ActionTimer
Group=Sliders
DynamicVariables=1
Hi, yeah it works, the glitch is gone, what have you changed ??
ChromeGifv13.gif
ps, is it possible to make it disappear on default ? and when hover over it will shown the icon the slide out.

Thanks