It is currently April 26th, 2024, 3:15 pm

[LMAO nevermind I fixed it :) ] Problems with uninstalling Rainmeter

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
nemesis

[LMAO nevermind I fixed it :) ] Problems with uninstalling Rainmeter

Post by nemesis »

EDIT: Wait hold on I might have fixed the issue by literally turning off and turning back on my computer

I'll keep updating this post

UPDATE: BASICALLY I just had to restart my computer for it to fully exit Rainmeter or whatever. Gonna leave this post up for anybody that has trouble with this too

Recently I was messing around with the Fountain of Colours Music Visualizer when Rainmeter froze. I decided to force quit and relaunch, but Rainmeter kept crashing and hitting me with the "Not Responding" message.

So I decided to uninstalling it the basic way by using the uninstaller found in the Rainmeter folder. I then reinstalled Rainmeter but still, it kept hitting me with "Not Responding."

I decided to do some googling and came across the official website's guide on how to do a clean uninstall. I followed the steps (discovered that I for some reason don't have an AppData folder anymore????? so i skipped that part) and it was all fine when it told me that i had to go to C:\Program Files\Rainmeter to delete it. I went to delete it and it hits me with this: "Folder in Use."

I was confused, and decided to go into the folder and try deleting them one by one. Each. And every. One. Hit me with "(X) in use." Even when I tried to delete the Application it said "File in Use: The action can't be completed because the file is open in Rainmeter.exe." Take in mind that I had literally force quit Rainmeter. It's not even there when I go to my Task Manager.

Please help. I really like Rainmeter. I want it back :(
Last edited by nemesis on October 2nd, 2019, 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Problems with uninstalling Rainmeter

Post by balala »

nemesis wrote: October 2nd, 2019, 5:49 am Recently I was messing around with the Fountain of Colours Music Visualizer when Rainmeter froze. I decided to force quit and relaunch, but Rainmeter kept crashing and hitting me with the "Not Responding" message.
So I decided to uninstalling it the basic way by using the uninstaller found in the Rainmeter folder. I then reinstalled Rainmeter but still, it kept hitting me with "Not Responding."
In this case you don't have to uninstall Rainmeter. You have to remove the guilty skin, in this case Fountain of Colors. For instance you can close Rainmeter (if it's not already closed) and remove the appropriate config from the Skins folder.
nemesis wrote: October 2nd, 2019, 5:49 am (discovered that I for some reason don't have an AppData folder anymore????? so i skipped that part)
I doubt there is no AppData folder, but it is hidden. You have to set up Windows to show the hidden folders / files as well.
nemesis wrote: October 2nd, 2019, 5:49 am I was confused, and decided to go into the folder and try deleting them one by one. Each. And every. One. Hit me with "(X) in use." Even when I tried to delete the Application it said "File in Use: The action can't be completed because the file is open in Rainmeter.exe." Take in mind that I had literally force quit Rainmeter. It's not even there when I go to my Task Manager.
In a such case probably a restart of the computer might help (as even you've said).