It is currently March 29th, 2024, 3:43 pm

Displaying multiple skins in the frame of one skin

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
TildaNiobe

Displaying multiple skins in the frame of one skin

Post by TildaNiobe »

I'm a total noob to Rainmeter and I have very little scripting experience, so I'm certainly not the brightest bulb in the box.

I'm tinkering with Rainmeter for the first time. I've figured out how to edit the welcome.ini folder to show custom content.

I'd like to display information from the System skin in the welcome.ini skin.

I can place the System skin over the welcome and that seems to work OK, but is there a way to simply encode the welcome skin to display system information? Right now all I'm trying to display is CPU, RAM, and SWAP; so only the defaults.

Please advise.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Displaying multiple skins in the frame of one skin

Post by balala »

TildaNiobe wrote: September 29th, 2019, 5:49 pm but is there a way to simply encode the welcome skin to display system information?
In fact there is, but it's not a too desirable method. You can include the System.ini skin into the Welcome one, but it'll be added to the upper left corner of the Welcome skin. If you want to try this out, just add the following option to the end of the Welcome.ini: @IncludeSystem=#ROOTCONFIGPATH#System\System.ini. If you refresh the skin, you'll see the System on the upper left corner (as already said) of Welcome. Not too convenient in my opinion.
On the other hand if you want to add it in a better way, you have to manually copy and paste the appropriate measures and meters from the System skin to Welcome. And probably at least the meters have to be modified appropriately.
Do you need assistance on how to do this? I suppose you do, but please let me know.
TildaNiobe

Post by TildaNiobe »

Thank you for getting back to me on this. I don't know why I didn't get a notification that you had left a response.

I may end up tinkering with this some and, if I need help, I'll let you know... I'm sure I'll need help.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

TildaNiobe wrote: October 11th, 2019, 2:58 am I don't know why I didn't get a notification that you had left a response.
Because you didn't check the "Notify me when a reply is posted" checkbox downside when you're writing the reply.
Or you can enable this, because by default it isn't. You can do this opening the Control Panel, clicking the Board preferences, then clicking Edit posting defaults on left and checking Yes on Notify me upon replies by default. If you do this, you'll get email notification by default on every post on topics you have been posting a reply to.
TildaNiobe wrote: October 11th, 2019, 2:58 am I may end up tinkering with this some and, if I need help, I'll let you know... I'm sure I'll need help.
Ok, please do so.