It is currently April 23rd, 2024, 2:09 pm

Disable Options for non Admins

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
past105

Disable Options for non Admins

Post by past105 »

Hello Together

Is it possible to disable rainmeter otions for all non admin users. i mean that only admins can change skins and use the Ctrl + right click to see the context menu.

best regards
pascal
Brian
Developer

Re: Disable Options for non Admins

Post by Brian »

No, there is no way to accomplish this by design. "CTRL+Right Click" will always override any attempts to disable accessing the critical functions of Rainmeter.

The best you can do is to turn off the Rainmeter "tray" icon - and create "dummy" RightMouseUpActions on meters (or in the [Rainmeter] section of your skins) like RightMouseUpAction=[] (or you could use your own custom context menu). Ctrl+Right Click will of course override this.

-Brian
past105

Post by past105 »

Thanks for your fast replay.

i Played around a little bit and i changed the folder of the rainmeter.ini and set it to write protected. i use rainmeter as an info panel and i wont allow the other users to change the settings. so it works with the write protected ini file. but now i get an error/warning message that the rainmeter.ini file is write protected. is it possible to disable this error message?

best regards
pascal
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

No. Rainmeter really can't function properly with Rainmeter.ini read-only.

Rainmeter is specifically designed to be something the current user of the account logged into Windows has complete and unfettered control over. It just can't be "locked down" to be used in a business or school environment where the intent to to limit control to central administration.
past105

Post by past105 »

ok, Thanks for clarification!
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »