It is currently March 28th, 2024, 3:58 pm

Help required, "Rainmeter.ini is not writable"

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
pswrainmeterprobs

I HAVE GOT THE ANSWER!!!!!!

Post by pswrainmeterprobs »

Hello :D After some research I found an answer. You just need to open it with SkinInstaller.exe in the Rainmeter folder. The error occurs if you try to open it with Rainmeter.exe.

I really hope it helps you all because I had the same problem. :17nodding
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Help required, "Rainmeter.ini is not writable"

Post by jsmorley »

I'm sorry, open what?
wakien13

Post by wakien13 »

I think you opened the file with the wrong app like you opened it with" Rainmeter.exe", i just realized it now... Check your folder if you have "SkinInstaller.exe" on it, it should be at the rainmeter folder, then try to open what you want to install with "SkinInstaller.exe" by right clicking it then click Open With then "search for other applications" or "choose another application", then find the rainmeter folder and there you will see the "SkinInstaller.exe" app, click it and open it with that. That might solve the problem because that's how i fixed mine :/ ...
tjhrulz
Developer

Post by tjhrulz »

wakien13 wrote:I think you opened the file with the wrong app like you opened it with" Rainmeter.exe", i just realized it now... Check your folder if you have "SkinInstaller.exe" on it, it should be at the rainmeter folder, then try to open what you want to install with "SkinInstaller.exe" by right clicking it then click Open With then "search for other applications" or "choose another application", then find the rainmeter folder and there you will see the "SkinInstaller.exe" app, click it and open it with that. That might solve the problem because that's how i fixed mine :/ ...
I think you replied to the wrong thread, this one is 8 years old and nothing to do with running the installer...