It is currently April 27th, 2024, 12:58 am

Rainmeter appears through window when moving items

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
aindriu80

Rainmeter appears through window when moving items

Post by aindriu80 »

hi,

I've got Rainmeter up and running with several widgets, All great!

The problem I'm having is when I move files around the desktop Rainmeter flashes up through the window which is currently covering the widget. How do I set Rainmeter so it doesn't flash through the window (like file explorer) and stay flat against the desktop?

Thanks!
ikarus1969

Re: Rainmeter appears through window when moving items

Post by ikarus1969 »

I suppose the skin has its settings to "be in the foreground" or "always stay in the foreground".

My first try would be: right-click on the skin that flickers through your window when you move that window.
Choose "settings" -> "position" and then one of: "normal", "in the background" or "on the desktop".
Then the skin should stay behind the moving window.
The screenshot contains my german right-click-menus, but i think you easily can find the right items in your language ;-)
Screenshot RM.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
aindriu80

Re: Rainmeter appears through window when moving items

Post by aindriu80 »

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, it was set on normal and I changed it to on desktop refreshed all but still got the same problem. However I tried bottom and refreshed all and it fixed the popup. Thanks for your help, I know popping up through windows isn't a feature :D