It is currently March 29th, 2024, 2:14 pm

No audio detected.

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
theteek96

Re: No audio detected.

Post by theteek96 »

eclectic-tech wrote: November 17th, 2018, 9:06 pm Are you seeing any error messages in the Log? (Right-click Rainmeter tray icon, select About)

If you see "Error: Failed to initialize audio..." then you have a program on your PC that has exclusive control of the audio (Nahamic, Sonic, etc.) and you need to disable that program before any Rainmeter visualizer will work. :x
Im not currently home, ill be home around 6:30 PM EST. Ill send the logs to this thread.
balala wrote: November 17th, 2018, 7:34 pm Have you increased the volume? I hope you did, just ask to be sure.
Please give the exact link where you have downloaded the skin to can try it out.
sure did. didnt work.
theteek96

Post by theteek96 »

eclectic-tech wrote: November 17th, 2018, 9:06 pm Are you seeing any error messages in the Log? (Right-click Rainmeter tray icon, select About)

If you see "Error: Failed to initialize audio..." then you have a program on your PC that has exclusive control of the audio (Nahamic, Sonic, etc.) and you need to disable that program before any Rainmeter visualizer will work. :x
I do see this error. I dont know if I have any programs that have exclusive control. Could you possibly name a few more? This is a new computer with very few programs on it. I just built it.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

theteek96 wrote: November 18th, 2018, 3:28 pm I do see this error. I dont know if I have any programs that have exclusive control. Could you possibly name a few more? This is a new computer with very few programs on it. I just built it.
Uhm... Those are the most popular on newer systems, I do not know any others. :???:

Make sure you have "UnChecked" the allow exclusive mode in your audio device settings; this tells Windows not to allow exclusive mode, but programs can override this setting.
exclusivemode.png
Programs like Nahamic auto-start with your system so you may never see any indication they are running. I would try to determine if any audio enhancement came with your motherboard sound, and search their site for how to disable them on startup. :confused:

Once you disable them, the errors will disappear and visualizers will work. :welcome:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
theteek96

Post by theteek96 »

eclectic-tech wrote: November 18th, 2018, 4:03 pm Uhm... Those are the most popular on newer systems, I do not know any others. :???:

Make sure you have "UnChecked" the allow exclusive mode in your audio device settings; this tells Windows not to allow exclusive mode, but programs can override this setting.exclusivemode.png

Programs like Nahamic auto-start with your system so you may never see any indication they are running. I would try to determine if any audio enhancement came with your motherboard sound, and search their site for how to disable them on startup. :confused:

Once you disable them, the errors will disappear and visualizers will work. :welcome:
That box is unchecked, but i still have no idea what Nahamic is. I didnt install it. If its part of windows it also might not be there because im using a special edition of windows that doesnt contain stuff like microsoft edge, the store, or any other software like that.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Sorry, it is "Nahimic" and is a product of MSI motherboard supplier...
theteek96

Post by theteek96 »

eclectic-tech wrote: November 18th, 2018, 6:58 pm Sorry, it is "Nahimic" and is a product of MSI motherboard supplier...
I have an ASUS ROG motherboard, an MSI GTX 1070, and an Intel i7-8700K. Any of these conflict with it?
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

theteek96 wrote: November 18th, 2018, 7:02 pm I have an ASUS ROG motherboard, an MSI GTX 1070, and an Intel i7-8700K. Any of these conflict with it?
Well there are only 80 ASUS ROG motherboards listed on the site and you will have to match yours... the ones I looked at may be using Sonic Studio III, Sonic Radar III, or ROG Strix's SupremeFX ... any of which probably take exclusive control of your audio and prevent visualizers from working.

You'll need to work with them to find out if it can be disabled/enabled by you depending on what activity you want.
theteek96

Post by theteek96 »

eclectic-tech wrote: November 18th, 2018, 7:39 pm Well there are only 80 ASUS ROG motherboards listed on the site and you will have to match yours... the ones I looked at may be using Sonic Studio III, Sonic Radar III, or ROG Strix's SupremeFX ... any of which probably take exclusive control of your audio and prevent visualizers from working.

You'll need to work with them to find out if it can be disabled/enabled by you depending on what activity you want.
Turns out I have both Sonic Studio and Sonic Radar. How do I disable them?
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

theteek96 wrote: November 18th, 2018, 7:56 pm Turns out I have both Sonic Studio and Sonic Radar. How do I disable them?
The info page for your motherboard on ROG ASUS has details on what is included...
I repeat: "You'll need to work with them to find out if it can be disabled/enabled by you depending on what activity you want."

Here is a link on their forum that discusses the Sonic software and drivers: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?106440-Sonic-Studio-3&highlight=sonic+studio

I cannot do anything else to help since I do not have your motherboard or those programs :uhuh:

Good Luck! :thumbup:
theteek96

Post by theteek96 »

eclectic-tech wrote: November 18th, 2018, 8:19 pm The info page for your motherboard on ROG ASUS has details on what is included...
I repeat: "You'll need to work with them to find out if it can be disabled/enabled by you depending on what activity you want."

Here is a link on their forum that discusses the Sonic software and drivers: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?106440-Sonic-Studio-3&highlight=sonic+studio

I cannot do anything else to help since I do not have your motherboard or those programs :uhuh:

Good Luck! :thumbup:
Thank you very much! :thumbup: :great: