It is currently March 28th, 2024, 8:28 am

Question about the backgrond image

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
Den Duze

Question about the backgrond image

Post by Den Duze »

Hi,

Because I like the way the illustro skin looks like I copied the image 'Background.png' to my test-skin.
When I look @that png I see it's an image with 2 colors, both with the same dimensions.

When I run the Illustro/System I see that the top color keeps the original height but the bottom color expands so it covers all the text in it?
How does that work?
Reason why ask: in that skin all text has fontSize=10.
I would like to make the fontSize of the text that has to come in the header a lot bigger, let say 24.
But when I do that the text is no more in the top color.
How can i force that png to do that? I guess that is not possible with that png-file (but you never know)
So I guess I need to create a new png-file with a larger top-color-block to make this work (or not?)

Regards
Didier
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Question about the backgrond image

Post by balala »

Den Duze wrote:Because I like the way the illustro skin looks like I copied the image 'Background.png' to my test-skin.
When I look @that png I see it's an image with 2 colors, both with the same dimensions.

When I run the Illustro/System I see that the top color keeps the original height but the bottom color expands so it covers all the text in it?
How does that work?
This is given by the BackgroundMargins option used into the [Rainmeter] section. This option sets the not scaled margins of the background image. BackgroundMargins=0,34,0,14 means that 34 pixels in the upper and 14 pixels in the lower part of the image aren't scaled. 34 pixel in the upper part is exactly the height of the "top color". This not being scaled, its height is kept. If you increase the size of the text, it simply doesn't fit any more the not scaled top part of the background.
Eventually you could try to not set not scaled sections for the background, but in this case, because on the original image the top and bottom parts have the same height, when scaled, they'll be equally sized as well.
Den Duze

Post by Den Duze »

Oh Ok, so will need to make another png with a higher top color and adjust the BackgroundMargins so it looks fine.
Thanks
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Den Duze wrote:Oh Ok, so will need to make another png with a higher top color and adjust the BackgroundMargins so it looks fine.
Yep, this is indeed a solution.