It is currently March 28th, 2024, 6:53 pm

Background image and text

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
Den Duze

Background image and text

Post by Den Duze »

Hi,

I like the setup of the illusto skin so i tried to use the same for a test-skin where I try to learn Rainmeter.
The problem is that the image is always smaller then the text that I'm displaying
I can only see "A TE..." when I run it?
Why is that?

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000
DynamicWindowSize=1
AccurateText=1
Background=#@#\Background.png
BackgroundMode=3
BackgroundMargins=0,34,0,14

; taken from the Default illustro Skin
[styleTitle]
StringAlign=Center
StringCase=Upper
StringStyle=Bold
StringEffect=Shadow
FontEffectColor=0,0,0,50
FontColor=#colorText#
FontFace=#fontName#
FontSize=10
AntiAlias=1
ClipString=1

[MeterInfo]
Meter=String
MeterStyle=styleTitle
FontSize=30
Text=This is a test
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Background image and text

Post by balala »

Den Duze wrote:I like the setup of the illusto skin so i tried to use the same for a test-skin where I try to learn Rainmeter.
The problem is that the image is always smaller then the text that I'm displaying
I can only see "A TE..." when I run it?
Why is that?
More causes:
  • The string is aligned to center and is clipped (see below). That's why you see just its middle.
  • If an option isn't defined, Rainmeter uses the default value for that option. You didn't define the position of the [MeterInfo] String meter, which means that it's placed to the default position, which is X=0 and Y=0 (the upper left edge of the skin). The part of the string which goes outside of the skin to left isn't visible, so you see only the right part of the middle of the This is a test string. Set the meter in an appropriate position. For example if you want to center it on the skin, add the following options to the [MeterInfo] meter:

Code: Select all

[MeterInfo]
    X=(#CURRENTCONFIGWIDTH#/2)
    Y=(#CURRENTCONFIGHEIGHT#/2)
    DynamicVariables=1
  • Another option which isn't a good idea is the ClipString=1, defined on the [styleTitle] style section. If you add this option but you don't specify a width and a height for the meter, there can be a problem. So, you should have to either remove the ClipString=1 option, or specify a width and a height (using the W and H options, added to the [MeterInfo] String meter).
Den Duze

Post by Den Duze »

Hi Balaba,

Ok, I understand.
I've token the StyleTitle-block from the Illusto skin, I already tried to remove the Clipstring but that didn't do the job (what was expected). Also i thought that if i didn't define a width the control would make the whole text visible (but like you wrote that is not the case)

Thanks (I'm afraid you will see more questions from me because I'm learning RainMeter and I'm afraid that this is not so easy in the beginning)

regards
Didier
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Den Duze wrote:(I'm afraid you will see more questions from me because I'm learning RainMeter and I'm afraid that this is not so easy in the beginning)
Don't be afraid, we're happy here on forum to help, especially if someone wants to learn. Just feel free to ask anytime, usually you'll get a reply sooner as possible.