It is currently March 29th, 2024, 5:34 am

Help with achieving a simple skin

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Help with achieving a simple skin

Post by balala »

Jose Hidalgo wrote:@balala : I understand... but the [Variables] section already has a PrevIcon=32 line ! :???:
OK, the rainy icon has finally disappeared. The temperature problem(s) still remain(s).
I'm glad if you got the icon appearing as it should have to. As I said, my last posted fix,
balala wrote:fixes ONLY the issue of the always raining icon.
Other solutions will follow (I hope)...
xenium

Post by xenium »

Jose Hidalgo wrote:@xenium : I have taken a look, but that skin has the same problem I'm trying to solve with this one : after midnight we can't see [Today] anymore : we can only see [Now] and [Tomorrow], but not the weather in the morning. I can't believe that nobody has noticed this before, it's a deal-breaker for me, lol.
There is the possibility of adding and Today , but I did not include it in the skin.
For Today, the weather forecasts are displayed for the whole day, as well as for Tomorrow and the next few days.

I think for what you want, the best would be the hourly forecast.
So you can see, what is the weather forecast for the morning.
Try this skin and see if it offers you what you want:
https://www.deviantart.com/xxenium/art/Deluxe-Weather-Time-Bar-Suite-749409591
Jose Hidalgo

Post by Jose Hidalgo »

@xenium : your skin clearly shows your skills, congratulations. :thumbup:
As for me, I want something simpler and more discrete, so I won't use it.
I will keep on using the current skin, because its design integrates perfectly with my desktop and with my other CPU-RAM-Temp skin :

All I need is to be able to make it work, with the precious help of @balala.
If you want to help us with this precise skin design, you're welcome. ;)
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Jose Hidalgo wrote:The temperature problem(s) still remain(s).
I continuously tested the skin yesterday and today (just over daytime though), but it works properly. I suppose (if I didn't somehow misunderstand you) the problem occurs over night. Am I right?
If I am, I will be able to test it only on weekend, because during the week I can't stay in front of the computer after midnight. Sorry...
xenium

Post by xenium »

Jose Hidalgo wrote:If you want to help us with this precise skin design, you're welcome. ;)
Of course, with great pleasure, if I can !
Jose Hidalgo wrote: That's unfortunate when you go to sleep after midnight and you want to know next morning's weather !
Jose Hidalgo wrote:we can only see [Now] and [Tomorrow], but not the weather in the morning. I can't believe that nobody has noticed this before, it's a deal-breaker for me, lol.
If I understand well, your wish is to see at midnight the forecast for the next morning, right?

This is what I think it should contain your skin (the last column = Precip chance):
Capture.PNG
Tell me what you think
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jose Hidalgo

Post by Jose Hidalgo »

You guys are awesome ! Maybe together we can sort this out.

Apologies for not replying soon enough, I'm quite busy these days, although my problem remains of course.

More testing to follow as soon as I can.

PS : xenium, I don't know how to make your info pop-up appear. I have tried hovering, clicking, right-clicking, nothing shows. But anyway, it wouldn't be useful to me, because I don't want to know the forecast only until 6 AM : I need to know the general forecast for the day that's going to follow (is it going to be sunny or not, what's the max forecasted temp). So if I'm going to bed before midnight, I need to know the general forecast for [Tomorrow], BUT if I'm going to bed after midnight (which happens often), I need to know the general forecast for [Today]. Everything was described in detail in the previous pages of this topic, but I understand if you don't want to read everything, lol
xenium

Post by xenium »

If it looks like this, would it help you?
a.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jose Hidalgo

Post by Jose Hidalgo »

Wow, that would be incredible ! I'm looking forward to testing it if you share your code, and reporting back. Thank you ! :17good
To perfect it even more, instead of having right/left arrows, maybe just clicking on the entire skin could alternate between the two possible displays. That would be perfect for me. :)
xenium

Post by xenium »

Jose Hidalgo wrote:Wow, that would be incredible ! I'm looking forward to testing it if you share your code, and reporting back. Thank you ! :17good
To perfect it even more, instead of having right/left arrows, maybe just clicking on the entire skin could alternate between the two possible displays. That would be perfect for me. :)
The skin code is written by me and I kept the design of your skin.
Place your cursor over each icon for details.
The skin is updated to 10 minutes.

You can check the data displayed by the skin with the data displayed on the website (the link is in the .ini file)
To compare the data correctly, check that the update time is the same as the site (in first tooltip ), or refresh the skin if it is different

Test it and see how it works, if it's what you wanted.
https://filenurse.com/download/bc6c3e0f02ab0ef4a48cc25ce4d0a07f.html
Jose Hidalgo

Post by Jose Hidalgo »

@xenium : I've just installed it. So far it looks great ! THANK YOU ! :D I will test it over the next week and report on the results.
I'm going away for the WE so I will start testing next tuesday. Stay tuned, but really, thanks for that pleasant surprise. :thumbup:

@balala : first of all, THANK YOU for your awesome help all along this topic. :thumbup: Without you I wouldn't have gotten this far, and maybe I would even have stopped using Rainmeter. So big kudos to you my friend. We almost managed to make it work and get rid of the last bugs. Here's a screen cap of tonight (3 AM), with your version on the left and xenium's version on the right. As you can see, something seems to be wrong with the middle column (icon and temperature). But if xenium's version works as expected, I guess I won't bother you anymore with my questions (at least not within this topic :rofl: ). You are an awesome person, kind and helpful as may be, and it needs to be said and acknowledged ! :17nodding

@xenium : one tiny observation about this screen cap : your version seems to indicate 1°C more than balala's version (e.g. 13°C vs. 14°C). So which one is the most accurate ? :confused: