It is currently March 28th, 2024, 9:18 pm

Help with achieving a simple skin

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Help with achieving a simple skin

Post by balala »

Jose Hidalgo wrote:In that case, could this be done with Rainmeter ?
  • 1h before midnight, store the number of the "day" icon given by weather.com for "tomorrow" in a variable
  • Between midnight and sunrise, use that variable to display the relevant "day" icon for "today"
I'm not completely sure, but it seems that it's not a good idea to get the icon one hour before midnight, because probably on Sunset it disappears. So, right now I'm saying it would good to store the icon provided one hour before Sunset. But this needs further test, which I'll do tomorrow, because today the icon already disappeared. Will come back tomorrow evening.
Jose Hidalgo

Post by Jose Hidalgo »

Well, I can confirm that the icon doesn't disappear after sunset, not even hours after the sunset. It only disappears after midnight.

I think we should define two time constants :
- Time1 : the time when we store the icon
- Time2 : the time when we stop displaying the stored icon

I could optimize Time1 and Time2 values until it works perfectly on my setup, and report on the result.

I guess Time1 doesn't need to be 1 hour before sunset, but 1 hour before midnight.
As for Time2, it probably needs to be 4 AM or so. The "empty icon" problem seems to appear after midnight and until before 4 AM. ;)

So the process should be :
- Time1 : store the icon
- From midnight to Time2 : display the icon

Thanks again for your efforts ! :17good
Mordasius

Post by Mordasius »

balala wrote:There are a lot of such skins on both the Share Your Creations section of this forum, or on DeviantArt.
You can also try going directly to the Rainmeter Group on Deviant Art. Skins are arranged according to type in different Gallery Folders to help people find what they are looking for.

We are still averaging around 10,000 views per day so there must be enough of interest for people to keep on coming back.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Jose Hidalgo wrote:Well, I can confirm that the icon doesn't disappear after sunset, not even hours after the sunset. It only disappears after midnight.
Ok, these are good news.
Jose Hidalgo wrote:I guess Time1 doesn't need to be 1 hour before sunset, but 1 hour before midnight.
Ok, this also simplifies a lot my job. Use the following [MeasureHour] measure, replacing the old one:

Code: Select all

[MeasureHour]
Measure=Time
Format=%#H.%M
IfCondition=(#CURRENTSECTION#<4.00)
IfTrueAction=[!SetOption MeterTemp2 MeasureName "MeasureWeatherTemp1"][!SetOption MeterDay2 MeasureName "MeasureWeatherDay1"][!SetOption MeterTemp3 MeasureName "MeasureWeatherTemp2"][!SetOption MeterDay3 MeasureName "MeasureWeatherDay2"][!SetOption MeterIcon3 MeasureName "MeasureWeatherIcon2"][!UpdateMeterGroup "Day2"][!UpdateMeterGroup "Day3"][!Redraw]
IfCondition2=(#CURRENTSECTION#>=4.00)
IfTrueAction2=[!SetOption MeterTemp2 MeasureName "MeasureWeatherTemp2"][!SetOption MeterDay2 MeasureName "MeasureWeatherDay2"][!SetOption MeterTemp3 MeasureName "MeasureWeatherTemp3"][!SetOption MeterDay3 MeasureName "MeasureWeatherDay3"][!SetOption MeterIcon3 MeasureName "MeasureWeatherIcon3"][!UpdateMeterGroup "Day2"][!UpdateMeterGroup "Day3"][!Redraw]
IfCondition3=(#CURRENTSECTION#>=23.00)
IfTrueAction3=[!SetVariable PrevIcon "[MeasureWeatherIcon1]"][!WriteKeyValue Variables PrevIcon "[MeasureWeatherIcon1]"]
DynamicVariables=1
See that now, in the IfCondition and IfCondition2 options I used the 4 o'clock, as you asked.
But there is one more thing you have to do: add the following measure, as well:

[MeasureWeatherIcon2C]
Measure=Calc
Formula=(( MeasureHour < 4.00 ) ? #PrevIcon# : MeasureWeatherIcon2 )
DynamicVariables=1
and add back the MeasureName option to the [MeterIcon2] meter, as it follows: MeasureName=MeasureWeatherIcon2C.
Please test the code. How does it work?
Jose Hidalgo

Post by Jose Hidalgo »

Hi there :) Reporting after a few days of testing !

Well, for the moment I'm afraid that there is a bug somewhere, lol. :D The day names work as expected, but there seems to be something broken with the temperatures, and maybe with the icons too.

Here are 6 screen caps that I'm going to describe :

----------

These 3 screens caps are by night :

Image Image Image
  • N°1 : Friday, 23h31 : everything seems OK, and 23°C are forecasted for saturday (which is already a big drop from friday's 31°C). But it looks normal due to the forecasted rain.
  • N°2 : Saturday, 03h17 : suddenly the forecast for saturday becomes 12°C, which can only be a "night" forecast ! The temperature can't just drop from 31°C to 12°C by day in less than 24 hours.
  • N°3 : Saturday, 04h49 : suddenly the forecast for sunday has gone from 23°C to 31°C. Weird. Monday forecast at 18°C seems weird too, but that needs to be confirmed (see N°5).
----------

These following 3 screen caps are by day / night / day :

Image Image Image
  • N°4 : Saturday, 12h03 : current temperature indicates 16°C, but it was sunny outside and closer to 25-30°C, lol
  • N°5 : Sunday, 02h36 : suddenly the forecast for sunday drops from 31°C to 18°C, which again can only be a "night" forecast IMHO. Monday forecast goes to a more logical 31°C (which makes me think that the 18°C forecasted in N°3 and N°4 can only be wrong !). And WHY isn't the "now" icon a "night" icon ? It's 02h36 ! lol
  • N°6 : Sunday, 15h13 : the forecast for lunday drops from 31°C to 19°C. Weird. Same for tuesday.
Plus there is something weird with the middle icon. Have you noticed how it stays ALWAYS in "rain" in all 6 screen caps ? Well, it has been sunny here all WE long, so... Weird again ! lol

All week and week-end long, temperatures here have been constant : sunny weather and 30-31°C. So anything in the 12-16-18°C range just can't be right. Except by night of course.

I'm going to see if I can find bugs in the code, who knows...
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Jose Hidalgo wrote:Plus there is something weird with the middle icon. Have you noticed how it stays ALWAYS in "rain" in all 6 screen caps ? Well, it has been sunny here all WE long, so... Weird again ! lol
Although I didn't figure out before, this isn't weird at all, rather it's normal. There are two problems:
  • At the very first moment, when you refresh the skin, the [MeasureWeatherIcon2] measure (as a matter of fact none of the WebParser measures) doesn't return a value, because these measures need a few seconds to parse the online data. But the [MeasureHour] measure (being a Time measure) is executed immediately after the refresh, so the !SetVariable and !WriteKeyValue bangs used into the IfTrueAction3 option of the [MeasureHour] measure don't set / write the appropriate value for the PrevIcon variable. To make it to set it up properly even so, add a Disabled=1 option to the [MeasureHour] measure and a FinishAction=[!EnableMeasure "MeasureHour"][!UpdateMeasure "MeasureHour"] option to [Today] measure. This option enables and updates the [MeasureHour] measure once the data is parsed by the [Today] measure.
  • Over night the [MeasureWeatherIcon1] measure doesn't return a value, so if we leave the IfTrueAction3 option of the[MeasureHour] measure, the PrevIcon variable remains always empty, which isn't ok at all. So modify the IfTrueAction3 option of the [MeasureHour] measure as it follows: IfTrueAction3=[!SetVariable PrevIcon "[MeasureWeatherIcon2]"][!WriteKeyValue Variables PrevIcon "[MeasureWeatherIcon2]"].
Just to be sure everything is ok, here is the updated [MeasureHour] measure. Replace the old measure with this one. I also post the new option which has to be added to the [Today] measure (obviously the existing options shouldn't have to be removed or modified):

[MeasureHour]
Measure=Time
Format=%#H.%M
IfCondition=(#CURRENTSECTION#<4.00)
IfTrueAction=[!SetOption MeterTemp2 MeasureName "MeasureWeatherTemp1"][!SetOption MeterDay2 MeasureName "MeasureWeatherDay1"][!SetOption MeterTemp3 MeasureName "MeasureWeatherTemp2"][!SetOption MeterDay3 MeasureName "MeasureWeatherDay2"][!SetOption MeterIcon3 MeasureName "MeasureWeatherIcon2"][!UpdateMeterGroup "Day2"][!UpdateMeterGroup "Day3"][!Redraw]
IfCondition2=(#CURRENTSECTION#>=4.00)
IfTrueAction2=[!SetOption MeterTemp2 MeasureName "MeasureWeatherTemp2"][!SetOption MeterDay2 MeasureName "MeasureWeatherDay2"][!SetOption MeterTemp3 MeasureName "MeasureWeatherTemp3"][!SetOption MeterDay3 MeasureName "MeasureWeatherDay3"][!SetOption MeterIcon3 MeasureName "MeasureWeatherIcon3"][!UpdateMeterGroup "Day2"][!UpdateMeterGroup "Day3"][!Redraw]
IfTrueAction3=[!SetVariable PrevIcon "[MeasureWeatherIcon2]"][!WriteKeyValue Variables PrevIcon "[MeasureWeatherIcon2]"]
DynamicVariables=1
Disabled=1

[Today]
FinishAction=[!EnableMeasure "MeasureHour"][!UpdateMeasure "MeasureHour"]
This fixes ONLY the issue of the always raining icon. I didn't figure out yet the other issues, but will try to...
Jose Hidalgo

Post by Jose Hidalgo »

I absolutely appreciate your efforts. I'm even sorry that I dragged you into this ! :confused:

Weirdly, your last changes don't seem to change anything : the middle rain icon is still there after a refresh, even after a Rainmeter restart.

Just to be on the same page, here's the current code :

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000

[Metadata]
Author=minhtrimatrix

[Variables]
Location=FRXX0055
Metric=M
Font=Segoe UI
FontColor=255,255,255,255
FontInactive=255,255,255,200
PrevIcon=

[bg1]
ImageName=bg1.png
Meter=IMAGE
X=33
Y=38

[bg]
ImageName=bg.png
Meter=IMAGE
X=0
Y=30

[MeasureHour]
Measure=Time
Format=%#H.%M
IfCondition=(#CURRENTSECTION#<5.00)
IfCondition2=(#CURRENTSECTION#>=5.00)
IfTrueAction3=[!SetVariable PrevIcon "[MeasureWeatherIcon2]"][!WriteKeyValue Variables PrevIcon "[MeasureWeatherIcon2]"]
DynamicVariables=1
Disabled=1

;--------------

[Current]
Measure=WebParser
UpdateRate=3000
Url=http://xml.weather.com/weather/local/#Location#?cc=*&unit=#Metric#&dayf=0&locale=fr_FR
RegExp="(?siU).*<locale>(.*)</locale>.*<ut>(.*)</ut>.*<ud>(.*)</ud>.*<us>(.*)</us>.*<up>(.*)</up>.*<ur>(.*)</ur>.*<loc id="(.*)">.*<dnam>(.*)</dnam>.*<tm>(.*)</tm>.*<lat>(.*)</lat>.*<lon>(.*)</lon>.*<sunr>(.*)</sunr>.*<suns>(.*)</suns>.*<zone>(.*)</zone>.*<cc>.*<lsup>(.*)</lsup>.*<obst>(.*)</obst>.*<tmp>(.*)</tmp>.*<flik>(.*)</flik>.*<t>(.*)</t>.*<icon>(.*)</icon>.*<bar>.*<r>(.*)</r>.*<d>(.*)</d>.*<wind>.*<s>(.*)</s>.*<gust>(.*)</gust>.*<d>(.*)</d>.*<t>(.*)</t>.*<hmid>(.*)</hmid>.*<vis>(.*)</vis>.*<uv>.*<i>(.*)</i>.*<t>(.*)</t>.*<dewp>(.*)</dewp>.*<moon>.*<icon>(.*)</icon>.*<t>(.*)</t>.*"
DynamicVariables=1

[Today]
Measure=WebParser
UpdateRate=3000
Url=http://xml.weather.com/weather/local/#Location#?cc=*&unit=#Metric#&dayf=1&locale=fr_FR
RegExp="(?siU)<dayf>.*<lsup>(.*)</lsup>.*<day d="0" t="(.*)" dt="(.*)".*<hi>(.*)</hi>.*<low>(.*)</low>.*<sunr>(.*)</sunr>.*<suns>(.*)</suns>.*<part p="d">.*<icon>(.*)</icon>.*<t>(.*)</t>.*<wind>.*<s>(.*)</s>.*<gust>(.*)</gust>.*<d>(.*)</d>.*<t>(.*)</t>.*<bt>(.*)</bt>.*<ppcp>(.*)</ppcp>.*<hmid>(.*)</hmid>.*<part p="n">.*<icon>(.*)</icon>.*<t>(.*)</t>.*<wind>.*<s>(.*)</s>.*<gust>(.*)</gust>.*<d>(.*)</d>.*<t>(.*)</t>.*<bt>(.*)</bt>.*<ppcp>(.*)</ppcp>.*<hmid>(.*)</hmid>.*"
DynamicVariables=1
FinishAction=[!EnableMeasure "MeasureHour"][!UpdateMeasure "MeasureHour"]

[Tomorrow]
Measure=WebParser
UpdateRate=3000
Url=http://xml.weather.com/weather/local/#Location#?cc=*&unit=#Metric#&dayf=2&locale=fr_FR
RegExp="(?siU)<day d="1" t="(.*)" dt="(.*)".*<hi>(.*)</hi>.*<low>(.*)</low>.*<sunr>(.*)</sunr>.*<suns>(.*)</suns>.*<part p="d">.*<icon>(.*)</icon>.*<t>(.*)</t>.*<wind>.*<s>(.*)</s>.*<gust>(.*)</gust>.*<d>(.*)</d>.*<t>(.*)</t>.*<bt>(.*)</bt>.*<ppcp>(.*)</ppcp>.*<hmid>(.*)</hmid>.*<part p="n">.*<icon>(.*)</icon>.*<t>(.*)</t>.*<wind>.*<s>(.*)</s>.*<gust>(.*)</gust>.*<d>(.*)</d>.*<t>(.*)</t>.*<bt>(.*)</bt>.*<ppcp>(.*)</ppcp>.*<hmid>(.*)</hmid>.*"
DynamicVariables=1

[DayAfter]
Measure=WebParser
UpdateRate=3000
Url=http://xml.weather.com/weather/local/#Location#?cc=*&unit=#Metric#&dayf=3&locale=fr_FR
RegExp="(?siU)<day d="2" t="(.*)" dt="(.*)".*<hi>(.*)</hi>.*<low>(.*)</low>.*<sunr>(.*)</sunr>.*<suns>(.*)</suns>.*<part p="d">.*<icon>(.*)</icon>.*<t>(.*)</t>.*<wind>.*<s>(.*)</s>.*<gust>(.*)</gust>.*<d>(.*)</d>.*<t>(.*)</t>.*<bt>(.*)</bt>.*<ppcp>(.*)</ppcp>.*<hmid>(.*)</hmid>.*<part p="n">.*<icon>(.*)</icon>.*<t>(.*)</t>.*<wind>.*<s>(.*)</s>.*<gust>(.*)</gust>.*<d>(.*)</d>.*<t>(.*)</t>.*<bt>(.*)</bt>.*<ppcp>(.*)</ppcp>.*<hmid>(.*)</hmid>.*"
DynamicVariables=1

;----------------

[MeasureWeatherTemp]
Measure=WebParser
Url=[Current]
StringIndex=17

[MeasureWeatherDesc]
Measure=WebParser
Url=[Current]
StringIndex=19
Substitute="Beau":"Beau Temps", "Lgt.Clouds":"Nuages Légers", "Lgt.Fog":"Brouillard Léger", "Lgt.Rain":"Pluie Légère", "Lgt.Snow","Neige Légère", "Heavy Clouds":"Couvert", "Heavy Fog":"Brouillard Epais", "Heavy Rain", "Grosse Pluie", "Heavy Snow":"Grosse Neige", Clouds":"Nuages", "Cloudy":"Nuageux", "Fog":"Brouillard", "Rain":"Pluie", "Thunderstorm":"Orage", "Storm":"Orage", "Snow":"Neige", " And ":" et ", "/":" & "

;Déjà vus : "Beau Temps", "Nuageux", "Très Nuageux"

[MeasureWeatherIcon]
Measure=WebParser
Url=[Current]
StringIndex=20

[MeasureWeatherIcon2C]
Measure=Calc
Formula=(( MeasureHour < 5.00 ) ? #PrevIcon# : MeasureWeatherIcon2 )
DynamicVariables=1

[MeasureWeatherRealFeel]
Measure=WebParser
Url=[Current]
StringIndex=18

;------------------

[MeasureWeatherDesc1]
Measure=WebParser
Url=[Today]
StringIndex=9

[MeasureWeatherDay1]
Measure=WebParser
Url=[Today]
StringIndex=2
Substitute="Sunday":"Dimanche","Monday":"Lundi","Tuesday":"Mardi","Wednesday":"Mercredi","Thursday":"Jeudi","Friday":"Vendredi","Saturday":"Samedi"

[MeasureWeatherTemp1]
Measure=WebParser
Url=[Today]
StringIndex=4
Substitute="N/A":"666"

[MeasureWeatherIcon1]
Measure=WebParser
Url=[Today]
StringIndex=8

[CheckNATemp]
Measure=Calc
Formula=[MeasureWeatherTemp1]
IfBelowValue=665
IfBelowAction=[!HideMeter MeterNightTemp1][!HideMeter MeterNightDay1][!HideMeter MeterNightDesc1][!HideMeter MeterNightIcon1][!ShowMeter MeterTemp1][!ShowMeter MeterDay1][!ShowMeter MeterDesc1][!ShowMeter MeterIcon1]
IfEqualValue=666
IfEqualAction=[!HideMeter MeterTemp1][!HideMeter MeterDay1][!HideMeter MeterDesc1][!HideMeter MeterIcon1][!ShowMeter MeterNightTemp1][!ShowMeter MeterNightDay1][!ShowMeter MeterNightDesc1][!ShowMeter MeterNightIcon1]
DynamicVariables=1

;----------------

[MeasureWeatherNightDesc]
Measure=WebParser
Url=[Today]
StringIndex=18
Substitute="Beau":"Beau Temps", "Lgt.Clouds":"Nuages Légers", "Lgt.Fog":"Brouillard Léger", "Lgt.Rain":"Pluie Légère", "Lgt.Snow","Neige Légère", "Heavy Clouds":"Couvert", "Heavy Fog":"Brouillard Epais", "Heavy Rain", "Grosse Pluie", "Heavy Snow":"Grosse Neige", Clouds":"Nuages", "Cloudy":"Nuageux", "Fog":"Brouillard", "Rain":"Pluie", "Thunderstorm":"Orage", "Storm":"Orage", "Snow":"Neige", " And ":" et ", "/":" & "

;Déjà vus : "Beau Temps", "Nuageux", "Très Nuageux"

[MeasureWeatherNightTemp]
Measure=WebParser
Url=[Today]
StringIndex=5

[MeasureWeatherNightIcon]
Measure=WebParser
Url=[Today]
StringIndex=17

;-----------------

[MeasureSunrise]
Measure=WebParser
Url=[Today]
StringIndex=6
Substitute=":":"."

;-----------------

[MeasureWeatherDesc2]
Measure=WebParser
Url=[Tomorrow]
StringIndex=8

[MeasureWeatherDay2]
Measure=WebParser
Url=[Tomorrow]
StringIndex=1
Substitute="Sunday":"Dimanche","Monday":"Lundi","Tuesday":"Mardi","Wednesday":"Mercredi","Thursday":"Jeudi","Friday":"Vendredi","Saturday":"Samedi"

[MeasureWeatherTemp2]
Measure=WebParser
Url=[Tomorrow]
StringIndex=3

[MeasureWeatherIcon2]
Measure=WebParser
Url=[Tomorrow]
StringIndex=7

;------------------

[MeasureWeatherDesc3]
Measure=WebParser
Url=[DayAfter]
StringIndex=8

[MeasureWeatherDay3]
Measure=WebParser
Url=[DayAfter]
StringIndex=1

[MeasureWeatherTemp3]
Measure=WebParser
Url=[DayAfter]
StringIndex=3

;D+3, weather icon, id=38

[MeasureWeatherIcon3]
Measure=WebParser
Url=[DayAfter]
StringIndex=7

;-------------

[MeterTemp]
MeasureName=MeasureWeatherTemp
Meter=STRING
X=66
Y=118
FontColor=#FontColor#
StringStyle=Bold
FontSize=12
StringAlign=Center
StringEffect=Shadow
FontEffectColor=0,0,0,80
FontFace=#Font#
Antialias=1
Postfix=°C

[MeterDesc]
MeasureName=MeasureWeatherDesc
Meter=STRING
X=66
Y=12
FontColor=#FontColor#
FontSize=10
StringAlign=Center
StringStyle=BOLD
FontFace=#Font#
Antialias=1

[MeterDay]
Meter=STRING
X=66
Y=40
FontColor=255,255,255,220
FontSize=8
StringAlign=Center
StringStyle=Bold
FontFace=#Font#
Text=Maintenant
Antialias=1

[MeterIcon]
MeasureName=MeasureWeatherIcon
Meter=IMAGE
X=41
Y=58

;------------

[MeterTemp2]
Meter=STRING
X=138
Y=118
FontColor=#FontColor#
StringStyle=Bold
FontSize=12
StringAlign=Center
StringEffect=Shadow
FontEffectColor=0,0,0,80
FontFace=#Font#
Antialias=1
Postfix=°C
Group=Day2

[MeterDay2]
Meter=STRING
X=138
Y=40
FontSize=8
StringAlign=Center
StringEffect=Shadow
FontEffectColor=0,0,0,0
StringStyle=Bold
FontFace=#Font#
Antialias=1
Group=Day2

[MeterIcon2]
Meter=IMAGE
X=113
Y=58
Group=Day2
MeasureName=MeasureWeatherIcon2C

;------------

[MeterTemp3]
Meter=STRING
X=210
Y=118
FontColor=#FontColor#
StringStyle=Bold
FontSize=12
StringAlign=Center
StringEffect=Shadow
FontEffectColor=0,0,0,80
FontFace=#Font#
Antialias=1
Postfix=°C
Group=Day3

[MeterDay3]
Meter=STRING
X=210
Y=40
FontSize=8
StringAlign=Center
StringEffect=Shadow
FontEffectColor=0,0,0,0
StringStyle=Bold
FontFace=#Font#
Antialias=1
Group=Day3

[MeterIcon3]
Meter=IMAGE
X=185
Y=58
Group=Day3
xenium

Post by xenium »

Try this skin, maybe it is what you are looking for :
https://www.deviantart.com/xxenium/art/TINYWeather-HD-764508629
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Jose Hidalgo wrote:Weirdly, your last changes don't seem to change anything : the middle rain icon is still there after a refresh, even after a Rainmeter restart.
The issue is caused by the missing PrevIcon variable, left empty. This variable is set / written by the bangs of the IfTrueAction3 option of the [MeasureHour] measure. This option is executed only after 23 o'clock. If you didn't refresh the skin (at least once) between this moment and midnight (and I think you didn't), the variable is left empty and as such the [MeasureWeatherIcon2C] measure encounters an error.
There is an extremely simple solution: just add manually any numeric value to the PrevIcon, within the [Variables] section and refresh the skin. Doesn't matter too much what value do you add, important is to be one. After 23, it will be rewritten anyway. So, you can add for example PrevIcon=1.
Jose Hidalgo

Post by Jose Hidalgo »

@balala : I understand... but the [Variables] section already has a PrevIcon=32 line ! :???:
OK, the rainy icon has finally disappeared. The temperature problem(s) still remain(s).

@xenium : I have taken a look, but that skin has the same problem I'm trying to solve with this one : after midnight we can't see [Today] anymore : we can only see [Now] and [Tomorrow], but not the weather in the morning. I can't believe that nobody has noticed this before, it's a deal-breaker for me, lol.